five

He sits up, wipes his face to rid it of the slobber and sees me with my phone in my hand pointed at him. I take one last photo before he pounces onto me to grab my phone out of my hand.

I fall to the ground from my sitting position as John tackles me.

"Give. Me. Your. Phone." He grunts out.

I quietly giggle but it quickly turns into a laugh as he's laying on top of me trying his best to grab the phone from my hands which were tightly grasped around it.

"Get off of me! You're crushing me!" I struggle to say.

John stops trying to wiggle the phone out of my hands to look at me in the eye, "Are you calling me fat?"

"Yes, I am! Now get off of me!" I practically yell.

"You know now that I think about, I'm quite comfortable here. I think that I'll just stay. Might just make this my new home,"

I groan loudly to see John grinning above me. Not wanting to be crushed any longer I flip us over so that I was now straddling him. Now leaning above him with my palms flat on his chest, I smile down at him and lean closer to him a bit before speaking.

"Try me, bitch, I grew up with 2 brothers," Looking into John's eyes I see them quickly dart between my lips and eyes. Fuck. I shouldn't have leaned over. Fuckity fuck fuck fuck. What were you thinking Anna? Now you just sexualized this situation. Oh my god. I just noticed how his hands were resting comfortably on the outside of my thighs just below my hips. At this realization, I feel my body tense and I have a mini panic attack but before I can overthink or over-rationalize the situation too far John speaks.

"Alright, I surrender." He says in a laugh while removing his hands from my thighs to put his hands up. "Now get your fatass off of me."

I gasp, "Are you calling me fat?"

I see him fluster a bit while trying to come up with a funny answer.

"No, you're not fat, your thicc."

I laugh loudly and he soon joins in. Once the laughter dies down a bit I begin to climb off of him so he can stand. Looking around I see we're missing someone. Fuck. Where did Baz go?

"John, where's Baz?" I ask worriedly.

John stops dusting himself off to reply, "Fuck."

John immediately begins to call for Baz hoping he will answers to his name and trot out of a bush or something. I shove everything back into my bag, toss it over my shoulders and join John in searching for the newly lost Corgi.

***

It's been 20 minutes since we began our search for Baz. Quickly becoming committed to our search, I had lifted my long hair into a high ponytail early on.

Becoming frustrated John sits on a nearby bench and begins to speak, "Fuck. I can't believe I lost Baz. Kugo is gonna kill me. This is all my fault." John leans over and puts his head into his hands.

Feeling the need to help him so he doesn't blame it all on himself I reply, "First of all, don't beat yourself up too much. I was the one who distracted you in the first place so it's as much as my fault as it is yours. Second of all, we didn't lose Baz, we simply misplaced him."

He laughs bitterly. Hey, it might be a laugh filled with bitter but it's still a laugh. One laugh is better than no laugh right?

I begin to pace back and forth in front of the now sitting John, "If I was a dog where would I be?" Thinking for a brief moment it hits me. THE PLAYGROUND! There are lots of people there and dogs would be attracted to that right? It's noisy and filled with people to pet him so he has to be there.