Chapter 9 - Crazy mode on

January 16th 2006

"Two weeks till the release of the album! How're you feeling, guys?" I asked while entering Matt's garage.

I placed a quick kiss on Alex's lips and then hugged the band.

We already had our little rituals, special handshakes, private jokes, our own words, like we've known each others since we were kids.

"Actually, our manager just called" Andy stated.

I froze. When a person in charge of such important a thing calls things aren't that good, are they?

"Why? Is there anything wrong? Because I'm gonna kick their asses if they don't get your record out as promised!" I panicked.

"Chill, Fries" Alex calmed me down.

"On the contrary! It's good news" Jamie said happily then tried to sound as formal and serious as he could. "I quote: due to high demand, we need your permission to release the album a week earlier, on January 23rd"

"Oh my God! This is amazing!"

I started to jump up and down like a little child. Was this even real?! "High demand"... Were the Monkeys so popular already?

January 24rd

05:41

"OH. MY. GOD!"

"This is insane!"

"I can't believe it!!!"

The excitement level in the room was more than enough to make everyone act like high happy junkies.

"The fastest-selling debut album in British history" Alex was repeating the phrase for the one thousandth time.

"120 000 copies! In just one day! ONE FUCKING DAY!!!!" Matt was yelling enthusiastically.

The Turners' living room was full with empty bottles and a strong smell of booze. Friends and friends of theirs, people I'd never seen before, new and old faces, everyone was celebrating over the band's success.

I might have been just happy, I might have been drinking a little too much, but I suddenly discovered I'd been dancing half naked on the table with Amy, some girls from the highschool and others I'd never seen before.

I jumped in Alex's arms and he helped me put my tank top back.

"It's not like I don't like your cheetah print bra, Fries, but I don't want the others to see what a sex bomb my girlfriend is" Alex winked at me.

I jumped up and down to the rhythm of the music and danced close (maybe too close) to Alex. He started to move his hands all over my body and I couldn't help but answer his advances with even more sexy moves. I remember slipping a couple of times while trying some only-seen-in-movies moves which turned out to be really hard to execute.

Alex wasn't the best dancer either. His moves were mainly relied on mine, but he was still cool, dancing like a granddad.

I could see Matt cheering behind Alex.

"Your girlfriend is trouble dude!"

Alex nodded in agreement and turned his back to me.

"He's just jealous!"

I don't remember too much, just that at a certain moment, I fell in Alex's arms and told him I wanted to go back to Madonna's concert.

Okay, I was drunk.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Marie, but Madonna just left." I remember Alex saying while carrying me upstairs to my bedroom. He was hilarious even in the worst moments!