Chapter 2 - British band guy

Finally weekend. I've just had the most miserable week of my whole entire life. Why? Because this little naive girl offered herself volunteer in some exchange of experience program, which sent her in the middle of nowhere with some unknown nice people but whose aim is to make her staying here a hell. Ok, the aim of my staying in High Green was to show everyone that I can adapt to any circumstances and that I deserve that damned scholarship and eventually study at some good British university. But why this place? Why couldn't they choose a bigger city? But there was nothing i could do but survive 6 months in this hell.

11:27

A late shower for a late morning. I turned on the hot water and felt it gently touching my skin. I could have stayed like that for hours, but I really needed to go out with Amy at 1 pm to see the town. I was really looking forward to spending some time with her - she seemed a nice girl, maybe too talkative but I liked her.

I left the bathroom only with a towel covering my pale naked body - I wasn't too suntanned. I closed the door and as I was stepping barefoot towards the bed, I surprised someone sitting next to the window. I let out a short scream as the person turned out to be a boy.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry... I didn't know you were there..." the boy tried to hide his eyes and turn his back but he just couldn't stop but glancing at me.

"Who are you?" I asked angrily still shocked by his presence.

Why in the world was there a boy in my room?!

"Hmmm... I'm Alex, tha' knows... Amy's brother... I didn't know she had guests and... By the way, who are you?"

"I.. I... I'm Marie." I said quietly still unsure of his presence in the room. "I'm here on a program and... I'm from France..."

"Ouch! I've heard something 'bout a French girl but... I didn't realise... I'm sorry... This is my room, ok used to be, you know... and I... I didn't know you were staying here so... I'm sorry..."

"It's ok, stay chill. I'm the one who stole your room..."

He smiled and I smiled him back and it was so beautiful I just wanted to run and hug him so bad he was exactly the person I needed someone to smile to me and make me feel good because he was as awkward as I was especially in that peculiar situation.

We stayed there for a while and surprisingly he wasn't staring at my body as I was expecting but into my eyes. And, surprisingly, I wasn't giving a damn anymore about my teenager body being barely covered in the towel in front of a boy.

"Ok, I should leave now. See you downstairs when you're ready... Marie!"

He remembered my name and I was shocked when realised that he was the first English person who could actually say it with a British accent and still sound French. Needless to say, I felt in love immediately with that.

"Yep, it won't take long."

"It's ok. Take your time!"

He looked like he didn't want to leave, staying there, smiling foolishly at every word I said. Exactly like me. There was something that was making me want to go hug him and tell him how he had made my day, something that was making me want to spend the next 6 months laughing and joking around with this unknown guy.

I couldn't believe I was smiling. I was happy. For the first time, I didn't have to fake a smile. Wow! Big achievement.

"Good morning, my lazy girl!" Penny greeted me as I was going down the stairs.

"Hello, Penny! Where's Amy?" I asked her as I was searching for some orange juice in the fridge.

"Oh, dear, she went out with her new boyfriend. Did you want to go out with her?"