◀ 3 ▶

"Minmin."

Damn! Why do I have to ride the same bus with Taemin? Omayah~

"I thought you already went home with Gigi. Where is she, by the way?" I ask while I continue typing a message for Jongin. Aside from the fact that I need to inform that guy about my whereabouts, I also want to avoid looking at this guy beside me.

"She went home two hours ago. I did some errands so I let her go home without me."

I simply nod at him, still not looking at him. My eyes are fixed on my phone's screen even though I already sent my message to Jongin and I act like I'm busy.

'Grrr! Of all the bus that he can ride in, why is it the same bus as mine? Of all the time that he should have gone home, why the same as mine? Whyy~'

"I even saw you at the World of Fun together with some girls and guys. They were your blockmates?"

"Just the guys. Those girls are some of my blockmates' girlfriends."

I flash a smile but I'm gritting my teeth mentally. 'When will I arrive home? I just can't stand Taemin's presence without Seulgi with us.'

I look at the bus entrance when it stopped and people starts to fill the spaces. I almost got goosebumps when Taemin skin touched mine because he moved near me.

"Are you okay?" I force myself to look at him as I shake my head.

When the bus moved again, I put my phone inside my bag and look in front. Good thing Taemin didn't bother talking to me. We are just silent while travelling.

While looking at the scenery in front, my mind reminisces the times I spent with Taemin during highschool. I really can say that there are so many changes in our friendship. Well, it's so rare for us to see each other within three years since we are studying at a different university and we stopped communicating the moment Seulgi and him became couple.

Maybe because of silence, I feel my eyelids getting heavy. And I fell asleep.

"Nangni." I stir from my sleep when someone pat my cheek. "Wake up. We're almost at the bus stop."

I slowly open my eyes and look at the surroundings while waiting for my eyes to adjust. And I immediately sit straight when I realize that I'm leaning on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. Is your shoulder okay? Don't you feel numb?"

He shook his head as he chuckled. "It's okay. I presume that you're tired because you sleep so well. You're even sweating." And before I can distance myself from him, he already wiped my forehead using his handkerchief. I didn't bother stopping him since he already did it and he always do that to me during highschool.

I just look away and focus on the scenery outside. But I was nonplussed when I realize that I'm almost at the bus stop.

I immediately stand up when the bus stopped and flash a small smile at Taemin. "I'm going first. Tak–" I stop when he held my hand.

"I'll walk you home." And he pulled me towards the exit.

"Come inside." I utter when we arrived in front of my house. I invite him out of hospitality, though I really don't want him to stay for too long.

"I'd love to, but mom's already looking for me. Maybe next time." I nod at him but deep inside me I feel relieve.

"Thank you for walking me home though you really didn't have to."

"It's okay. I also want to spend some time with you."

I freeze, feeling my heart beating so fast like it wanted to get out of my body. Did I hear him right? Or am I being delusional?

'Naeun, snap out of it. Maybe he just missed you. It has been a long time since the last time you walked home together.'

"I just missed you, Nangni. I was even happy when we saw you at the mall."

"Ahhh, I'm al–" I feel my phone vibrating inside my bag so I stop and pull it out. Jongin's calling. "For the last time, thank you for walking me home. Let's hangout sometimes; when we have free time."

"Sure. Then, I'll go now." I simply nod my head as he walked away.

I look at my phone and slide the screen to answer the call. But before I can even utter a word, I hear Taemin shout.

"Nangni! Next school year, we'll be seeing each other again!"

I furrow my eyebrows out of confusion but I still smile at him.

'Then I'll make sure that I have totally moved on from you. See you when I see you, Taemin.'

(Who was that? Did someone walk you home? Yah Son Nae–)

"Will you just let me talk, Kim Jongin?" I chuckle when the line becomes silent. "It was Taemin, okay? He walked me home because, unfortunately, we rode the same bus."

(Tch! You didn't let me walk you to the waiting area earlier but you let him walk you home.)

I burst out laughing as I imagine him pouting. "Don't make it a big deal, Jongin. Anyways, where are you right now?"

(On my way home.)

"Okay, take care. I'll see you tomorrow."

I hear him sigh as he said, "See you."

And I end the call as I open the gate.