34

I was just reading my favourite book, The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks when someone knocked on the door to my room. I was guessing it was my mom, so I told her to come in.

Indeed it was my mom. She opened the door and leaned onto the door frame. "Honey, someone's here to pay you a visit."

I raised an eyebrow. I wonder who it is. "Okay." I said and wore my beanie while she went to tell 'whoever that is' to come inside from our house's front door. The person came in and soon thanked her. Hm, a guy's voice.

I was beginning to guess who it probably is when the person came into my view. I gasped and my eyes went wide. "Nathan!" I squealed and reached my arms to him. He chuckled and stepped closer to me so I could give him a big hug.

"How are you? What are you doing here? How's life? Who's the lucky guy? Where's my chocolate?" I bombarded him with my questions as he took a seat on a chair beside my bed.

He couldn't stop laughing as I asked him these questions, "For someone who left without saying anything to anyone, you sure are a little too excited in seeing me again."

I rolled my eyes playfully at him. He took his bag off of his shoulders and unzipped it. He began to rummage the insides. "First of all, here's your chocolate." He took out a chocolate bar and gave it to me.

"Oh thank God. It seems Cara didn't forget to tell you." Back then when Cara visited me, I told her to tell Nathan to send me some more chocolate bars because I ate the one he gave me and it was super delicious.

"Where do you buy these anyway? I've never seen this chocolate anywhere before." I asked him as I opened the wrapper.

"It's actually a limited edition. I got it from a friend of mine, his name is Marc. Apparently his family owns a chocolate factory somewhere outside of the state." He explained.

I shaped my lips into an 'O' shape before I put a two and two together. I then smirked at him, "Is this Marc your...?"

His eyes went wide and he shook his head vigorously. "I'd never. He's not my type." Ouch, poor Marc. "Also he's straight." Makes sense.

"But then, who's the lucky guy?"

His face turned into crimson red as I asked him that. He turned his head over to make sure no one's coming into the room, and faced me once again. He went closer to whisper it into my ear and I instantly leaned in.

"His name is Eric."

I pulled away from him and my jaws fell open. Could it be? He looked at me in confusion and asked, "What's wrong?"

"This Eric guy, does he have incredibly tanned and muscly body?"

He thought about it and nodded, "Yeah, he also has a tattoo on his neck."

Oh wow. What a small world.

"Why? Do you know him?"

"Well, he's a friend of my friend. Cameron?"

Nathan raised his eyebrows and gasped, "Oh my God! Now I get it!" He clasped his hands together as if he just remembered something. What's his problem?

I frowned, "What?"

"I once hung out with them both also with their other friend Quinn," I raised an eyebrow after hearing her name. Not that I hate her, but– okay maybe a little and it's all because of how she looked at me the whole day when we were at the beach, "and Cam told me he likes someone but has never seen her again after they met for the second time."

I nodded, telling him to go on, "The person's name is Victoria. And I thought, well there are many Victorias in this world, so maybe it's not you. He said he has her number but is too afraid to make a move."

So that's why he never texted or called me. Why the heck did he ask for my number then? Oh, maybe he's still searching for the courage. But I hope he already moved on. Don't want him to stay single forever.

Vicky. You're joking, right? Of course he has already moved on. You're not even that pretty.

Excuse me? Okay I'll admit it, I'm not pretty but I'm not ugly too. I mentally flipped my hair.

I snapped out of it when Nathan waved his hand in front of my face. "Are you okay?"

I laughed awkwardly, "I'm perfectly fine." I said and did the 'ok' sign with my fingers. He just stared at me boringly and shook his head.

"Who the fuck?" A familiar voice said behind him and we both turned our attentions to the person. And there stood Lucas who's scowling with his jaws gritting.

"Hi?" Nathan greeted more like asked.

Lucas didn't look at him, his eyes were staring right at me. I looked here and there and blinked a few times before I decided to make an eye contact with him and smiled.

"Victoria, who is he?"

"Nathan."

"That's not what I asked." But that's exactly what he asked.

I frowned, not understanding his question when Nathan decided to speak up, "I'm her friend, schoolmate and...townmate?"

I accidentally laughed out loud after hearing what he said. Townmate? Who the heck came up with that word? I laughed so hard my stomach started hurting. And then my laugh turned into a wheeze. Noticing this, Lucas immediately ran to my side and taught me how to breathe, as if I didn't know already.

"Baby, breathe in, breathe out.. Yes, just like that."

I finally got to breathe properly and thanked him with a smile. He smiled back at me before scowling back when he realized that Nathan's hand was on my back.

"Hands off." He said sternly. Nathan quickly raised both his hands in mock surrender.

"What the hell is this dude's problem?" He whispered to me. I looked at him and just shrugged my shoulders. Then I looked back at Lucas. He's still scowling as he stared into spaces, as if he's thinking about something.