30

I arrived at the hospital when it was almost 5 in the morning. Well, what do you expect when I walked all the way here from Lucas'. I successfully sneaked into my room without the staffs noticing. I mentally danced in joy for my achievement.

I walked to my hospital bed and sat there while thinking about my life. I always thought that I could make it to my graduation ceremony. I've always dreamed of throwing the black hat with my friends. I have never thought that the time wouldn't actually come.

7 months left till we finish our school life.

I laughed bitterly. Who am I even kidding. 7 months from now I won't even exist in this world anymore. I sighed.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and went towards the gallery. I scrolled down through the pictures until I saw my most favourite one. I tapped on the picture and an immediate smile came across my face. It was a picture of my friends and I. We were having an outstation for our geography class at that time. I was crouching, and beside me was my best friend of all time, Cara.

I was pulling her hair and her face was hilarious. I remembered her shouting for me to stop as she tried to remain presentable for the group photo. My normal friends, Liza and Jessy laughed at the situation while our other classmates kept their cool for the photo.

Zander was also crouching by my other side. He was resting his arm around my shoulders as he did the peace sign with his two fingers. It had been almost nine months since we started dating then. We were so happy.

My eyes then went to Brian. He was standing behind Cara and he was glaring at me. Oh my God I just noticed him. He was literally scowling at me as he held both Cara's shoulders possessively. Man, I was just playing, calm your nerve down.

I laughed lightly when I realized that I just scolded Brian in my mind. I'm sure as heck I'm gonna miss his glares after I moved in with my family.

This morning will be the last time I see him and Cara.

Just thinking about it made me feel annoyed. I can't believe my life will be over soon. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Suddenly I felt something was off. I looked at my hand and saw some strands of hair in it.

Took you long enough to fall out. I scoffed. I stood up from my bed to go the bathroom so I could wash my face, but as soon as I did that I fell back down. My head stings. I groaned as I laid down on my bed, my hand never leaving my throbbing head. I felt myself panting for air and soon enough everything went black.

***

2 months later

I can barely move now. My face had became paler and my lips had became bluer. I got tired just by walking up and down the stairs. My dad had to shift my necessities, as in my clothes and stuff, from my room to one of the rooms downstairs so it would be easier for me to move around.

Oh I am also bald.

That day, after I've woken up from my black out, I was already here. I couldn't say goodbye to my friends at all. I was upset with my parents for quite some time until I understood how hard had it been for them. My mom even cried when I refused to eat dinner as to show her my bad mood. We ended up having a long talk that night, and we slept while hugging each other with our messy faces because of the cries we both shared.

The day after our all-out session, I got ambushed by Cara, Liza and Jessy. Apparently my brother called Cara. She and the other two scolded me like I was a 5 year old. They accused me for being a bad friend and taught me some manners on how to be a real good friend. I couldn't help the urge to roll my eyes.

Then I asked Cara about the guys I cared about. Firstly I asked about Zander. She said that Zander had asked about me the other day and as she also didn't have any idea of where I was, she just told him the truth and he was worried. Like very worried. He even wanted to go to the police station in search for me, but Cara managed to calm him. She assured him that maybe I was easing my mind or something. Also, he and Caroline had really hit it off. I'm so happy for them.

Then I asked her about Nathan. And to my shock, she said Nathan got himself a boyfriend. I have never thought that he would swing that way. Not that I mind but he was so manly. Just that he was too emotional at times. Surprisingly even if we spent so little time together, he still cared for me. He gave Cara a chocolate bar and a little note which says 'I miss you' and asked her to pass it to me when she visits me.

I've always thought that Brian couldn't care less about me and as the feelings are mutual for me, I didn't ask her about him. But Cara being the loving girlfriend, she told me about their sweet love story. She told me about their short vacay and how he comforted her when she was stressed of not having a clue about what happened to me after that night. I instantly felt guilty. She said she had heard him cursed sometimes, saying how it was my fault for Cara's stress. Ugh.

Before I asked her my one last question, I hesitated. It's because I was not sure whether I wanted to hear the answer or not. I was curious but at the same time I was afraid. Cara noticed it however and before I could even decide on something, she said she had no clue of what happened to Lucas. She hadn't heard from him since I was gone. One day Brian went to his house to hang out but Lucas was not there.

Maybe he's upset with me? Or maybe he's happy as there will be no one that could bother him anymore so he decided to have a vacation to celebrate it. I don't know.

But whatever it is, it makes my heart sank. It makes my mind went wild in wonder of his wellness. Is he okay?

I cross my heart, hoping that wherever he is, he'll stay safe.