13. Soon, My Love

CHLOE

Beca's blue eyes stared back at mine. "Seriously?" she asked.

"Seriously." She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you."

"As like a friend or?"

I grabbed her hand. "Beca. Look at me. Do you think I would fly across the country because I loved you just as a friend?"

"I mean...I don't know you're a very nice person so..."

I pressed my lips to her cheek. Her skin was soft and warm.

"What happens now?" she asked.

"I think that's up to you."

"Get me out of here."

"Beca..."

"No, get me out. I need to get out of here."

I nodded. Beca didn't belong here. She was going crazy. My thumb rubbed her hand. "I'll see what I can do okay?"

"Thank you. For coming. For everything." She said with a half smile.

"Of course. I'll always be right by your side."

She rested her head on my arm. "This is nice. Well. not the place. But us. We are nice."

I smiled and kissed her head. "Let me go see what I can do to get you out of here."

"Okay."

I squeezed her hand once more before leaving the room and locating a nurse. She was going to be free. She will be free and she will be happy. Soon. And when she's ready, I will be right there.

BECA

Chloe got me out. We went to a park and sat under a tree. We sat there in silence. Till Chloe said something. "You're going to go back to him aren't you."

I just looked at the ground. I didn't want to but I was going to have to face him again eventually. "I'm sorry."

"Beca. Why do you do this to yourself?"

"I don't know Chloe. I want to be free of him."

"Then leave him."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because I'm scared to death of him!!!" I put my face in my hands.

"You don't have to be scared. I'm right here. I won't let him hurt you."

I shook my head. "Chloe... I...."

"Shhhh. We'll figure this out. We always do right?"

"Uh huh."

"Take your time. You don't have to do it tonight or next week."

"So I could do it never."

"No. Not never. But when you're ready. Beca. You're the bravest person I know. You can do this."

"How are you so positive?"

"It's just who I am. Just like you are always a grump." She tapped the tip of my nose with her finger. I pulled a face which made her laugh. Which made me smile. "There's the Beca I know. The Beca I love."

CHLOE

After a weekend in Los Angeles, I had to go back to new york. I didn't want to. I wanted to take Beca back with me. We agreed that she would visit more often. And that before she did anything drastic and crazy she would call. Soon she would be free. Soon she would be mine. It's only a matter of time. One night I got a call from Beca at 3 am. It was only midnight in LA.

"Beca? What's wrong?"

"I'mreallysorrychloe." she slurred. She was drunk.

"Why would you be sorry?"

"I love you. Be my girlfriend?"

"Beca. We can't. Jesse remember?"

"Fuck Jesse!"

"Beca. Your drunk."

"And? Fuck these stupid parties. It's always Jesse's idea to go to them."

"You know what you have to do before I say yes."

"Why can't you say yes and then I break it off with him?"

"Because that's not right."

"But I want you to be miiiiine."

"Soon my love."

"Heh. 'My love'. I like that." She laughed.

"Good. Be safe okay Bec? I have to go." I didn't want to wake up Aubrey.

"I'll be safe. Can I come to see you this weekend."

"Sure. I'll see you then."

"Okay. I love you!"

"I love you too."