{~*~Chapter Three~*~}

We stood in front of the building looming in front of us, mocking us with it's high walls and tiny windows. "How are we supposed to get in?" Ena asked while she shivered next to me. "It's like a death house or something." Rito looked around before pointing to the roof. "Maybe we can get in from there. It could have an escape route that can lead us in."

"Great! Now once inside we'll have to split up." I told them while looking around for any guards that might be patrolling at the moment. "It would be easier to spy on him alone than when we're together." Rito finished my train of thought as I saw Ena's eyes widen. "B-but what happens if one of us get caught?"

"Then we send a signal like exploding half of the building off." We're here only to spy, but we have to kill him if we're close enough. Which is what I would probably be doing, a stupid thing but a mission is a mission. I'd rather not come back here so better get the job done once. Sasuke would probably be inside already, so if I need any help all I'll have to do is whistle. Sounds easy. "It's time to set our plan to work." Rito and Ena nodded before we ran out of our waiting spot, running up the side of the building while avoiding obvious traps.

It took a minute, but once we were on the roof we took a quick break before searching for the escape door. And once that was accomplished we nodded to each other before slipping inside the torch lit hallway. If someone overheard us we would be goners in a second so sign language was the only thing that would help.

After discussing the plan briefly we split up on the third floor. Rito and Ena disappeared down two of the passages while I went down the third. I kept my footsteps silent and my chakra concealed while searching for the stairs. If the boss was here he should be at the heart of the building which would be between the second story and the third story. And knowing some bosses, they should have a secret passage somewhere that would keep his location a secret.

'Aha. I finally found it.' I cheered inside my head as I pushed open a part of the wall that seemed different from the rest, and just as I thought a door revealed itself in front of me. Keeping to the shadows as much as possible I crept inside the small space and looked around. I only saw files littering the small desk in front of me.

I picked up one of the files and looked through it to find plans written all over it. It mostly consisted of ways to get rid of kids who are eligible to become ninjas later in life. Since there was also the identification paper of the man I picked those two papers and gently folded them before placing them in my kunai pouch. I checked to see if the coast was clear before heading out into the hallway and going up to the third floor.

Before I could turn a corner a hand covered my mouth and someone pulled me into a different passage. I thrashed around and before that person could kill me I back kicked him before running to a safe distance. Once I turned around I saw exactly who caught me. "So you're the one who snuck into my heavily guarded manor."

"It wasn't guarded much in the first place." I quickly took out a kunai from my pouch while keeping the papers perfectly hidden from him. If he found out I took any he would kill me to get it back and not leak information that's top classified. "Then maybe I must make my security tighter around here and get rid of those who step foot in here." When he took a step forward I involuntary took a step back until I was stuck between him and the wall.

Well now I know I'm going to die here without ever seeing the light of day again. Even my best friend Sasuke...I'm going to miss him along with Ena and Rito and Naruto and all my other friends I grew up with. I sent a silent prayer to wherever I end up after I'm dead before he charged at me.

SASUKE POV

"Where's Midori?" I ask her teammates who shook their heads sadly. "We don't know. We split up about an hour ago. If we didn't find him that meant she did." Rito told me while he looked down the tunnel she went through. "What if she's fighting him, what is she lost?!" Ena whisper yelled as she tried to run but Rito held her arm. "You may be right. We should go look for her."

We were about to walk down the stairs but that's when I heard it. I stood still and listened to the whistle that was coming from the wall right in front of me. "What is it Sasuke-san?" Ena tilted her head as she looked at me with hope. "Is it Mi-chan?" I fumbled around the wall and started panicking as the whistling stopped. I hope I'm not too late. The secret door finally opened and I ran through the passage with the other two behind me.

When we reached a small space my eyes widened as I saw what lay a few feet away. "Mi-chan!" Ena cried out as she ran up to her. Rito sat down next to her and yelled out. "This can't be happening! She can't be dead!" I snapped out of my shock and walked up to them before looking down at her. She had a wound where a katana went through her shoulder. Her blood was splattered on her neck and face while also running down her right arm. Her eyes were closed and her chest wasn't rising at all.

I lifted her wrist gently and checked her pulse. "It's still there." Rito and Ena quickly looked up at me. "What is Sasuke-san?" I held out her arm to them and they checked for themselves. "It's faint, but she can still make it if we run to the closest village." Their eyes lit up before quickly getting to their feet. I lifted Midori up into my arms before nodding at them, and in a few minutes we were already out of the building and running towards the closest hidden village from here. Suna.