{~*~Chapter Seven~*~}

It was a few hours after the unplanned celebration when everything had finally calmed down. Sasuke and I tried tracking down Naruto and Sakura but they were no where to be found at all. The villagers even didn't have a clue where their Hokage ran off to, but one of them gave us an envelope and bit us farewell as well as a happy marriage. Reading the letter we both followed the directions that were on it before finally arriving at our destination, which was where Naruto was standing with his usual grin.

"I can't believe it." My mouth dropped as my eyes were glued to the structure behind him. It was a so beautiful I couldn't even describe what it is, but for starters it had a lot of traditional elements that feels like serene relaxation. "So the villagers built this place for us?" Sasuke stepped up to the wall and ran his hand down its smooth side.

"Yup! They were very much anticipating for this day they couldn't wait. So everyone planned on already putting you two together so you can speed up the process." Naruto explained while leading us through the front entrance. "Does our opinion even count these days?" I asked as I looked around the walls decorated with outdoor pictures.

"Not really. The villagers know you two like each other already so there's no need to ask. If we do ask you would have probably said no." Sasuke followed Naruto into the living room. I was about to follow them before my eyes landed on a certain collage. It was pictures of me and Sasuke when we were little, when we became Genin, Chunin, Jonin, and now with Sasuke as an ANBU and me....still a simple ninja. I should be happy doing what I do now, but I still feel like I could be more useful to the village.

I traced my fingers over our childhood picture and sighed softly. I heard footsteps behind me and turned my head to see Sasuke looking over the photos. He smiled softly before gesturing with his head to the room where Naruto was poking his head out from. "Naruto said the villagers prepared something nice especially for you Midori."

Seeing Naruto urging me frantically I followed him into what seemed to be the most gorgeous kitchen that I've seen in my entire life. "They went all out since they know you really love to cook." Sasuke took my hand in his and led me to the counter so I can feel the silky smooth texture of the island. "I love it. I can picture myself staying in this part of the house all day long." A smile came onto my face as I admired the architectural work.

The cabinets were a creamy white color with glass in the cabinet door so you can see into the other side. The fridge was bigger than the one I had in my apartment. There were two ovens installed and a deluxe dishwasher next to a gourmet sink that was three times deeper and wider than my old one. The island was huge enough to do great prep work and it accommodated three bar stools for anyone who wanted to hang out or eat while I made food or cleaned it up.

"Onto the next part of the house guys." We followed Naruto through the other parts of the house. All in all there was a spacious living room with a very long couch to seat more than seven people. There were three bedrooms including the master which was again another part of the house I wouldn't leave since the bathroom was beyond my imagination. Elegant steps leading up to the soaker tub was the only thing my mind was focused on at the moment. Other than that were the standard mini shower next to it along with double vanities.

After the inside was done we opened the sliders that led outdoors and I instantly thought I'd never want to move out. I walked out to the huge pond that took up most of the yard. The house boxes in the pond so the wind can't stretch out its boundaries, and right next to the pond grew a very pretty sakura tree. "Sasuke look in there!" I waited until he was next to me before I pointed at the koi fish that were leisurely swimming around in their habitat. "How are we supposed to feed them?" He asked Naruto who was currently bringing out a clear sack with colorful dots inside.

"These guys will basically eat anything but I'll oppose you from feeding them anything but this here." He patted the sack as he set it down next to me. "There's a lot more so there's no need to worry about running out for a few months so here you go." Naruto smiled while setting a palm full of food into my hand. "You can just drop a few and they'll come swarming to you."

I did as instructed and put a few in the pond, and just as Naruto had said they all came towards me. "It looks as if they're competing for it." I laughed slightly before tossing the rest in different areas. Sasuke looked up at the tree before checking his surroundings. "Are you sure we can have something this amazing for ourselves?" He turned to his best friend who shook his head eagerly. "Man I wish I had something this sweet, but I'm planning on building a house for me and Hinata."

As if he summoned her Hinata knocked softly on the sliders before coming down to join us. "Hinata I haven't seen you in a while!" I got up from my spot next to the pond to give her a quick hug. "I'm glad your wound healed Midori-chan." Looking at Naruto she asked. "Do you mind if I take her?"

"Of course, but be back so we can see for ourselves!" He gave us a thumbs up before I was taken back inside. "The village women had come up with an idea since they couldn't help build the house." Hinata explained as she led me into one of the extra rooms. When she opened the closed my mouth almost fell. "Is that....all for me?" I was shocked as she pulled out a white kimono with pink floral patterns on it.

"Yes. There's more in here if you'd like to try on different ones when you're at home." Hinata smiled before holding up the one in her hand. "Let's put this one on for now." I felt happy as I put on the lovely kimono. The obi wasn't tight like I imagined but gave me a feeling of being hugged by a soft fluffy cloud.

After we were done we met up with Sasuke and Naruto at the entrance. Hinata bid us goodbye and led Naruto out as he was crying his eyes out. "They just don't know they're meant for each other yet, believe it!" I waved at them until they turned the corner before closing the door. I turned my head to look behind me to see Sasuke staring at me.

The silence stretched until the atmosphere between us became awkward. This can't actually be happening?! I'm alone in a house with Sasuke who just keeps on staring at me like I'm some kind of fascinating creature that the world doesn't know about. "You look beautiful in that kimono Midori." He finally broke the silence as he brought a lock of my long hair to his mouth and kissed it.

I was frozen stiff as he came closer. I unconsciously backed away until I felt my back hit the wall. My heart started speeding up as he trapped me to the wall with his arms. My blue eyes stared into his onyx ones as they seemingly came closer. Was I going to be kissed by my best friend?! I tried wracking my brain for anything that can stop this from happening. Then I had an idea that could work.

"Sasuke." He stopped his advancement when he heard me speak. "I thought you were opposed to marrying me." I questioned him before he took a step back. "Anyone would be when they're suddenly married to their friend without going through the dating relationship first. You opposed too Midori."

"I know. No one wants that suddenly sprung on them. Aren't we best friends Sasuke? I do like you and everything but we haven't even told each other that yet." I held onto my arm tightly as I waited for his reply. "Well I went and said I liked him. Good job Midori....not." 

"We are best friends, but I like you too Midori. If the village says we're ready to be a couple and move on with our lives, then I guess we were too busy to realize it for ourselves." My heart jumped in joy as my love isn't one sided. "So can we try to make this work?" I asked him as he intertwined our fingers and held them between us. "We can. One step at a time." I felt reassured and my eyes started closing as his face came near mine. And in the darkness of the entrance.....

we promised each other with a kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? Is this book getting better or worse. I'd love to hear my reader's opinion on this developing relationship. Thanks for your support <3