{~*~Chapter One~*~}

MIDORI POV 

"Are we there yet?" My teammate Ena sighed loudly. Ever since yesterday we set out from the village to do a little spy work. I had assumed spying jobs were only for the ANBU working under him, but I guess the Hokage wanted a different rank to try it. Then my team was chosen like we were pulled from a drawing box labeled "my test puppies". Well I guess we were lucky to have been given a mission at all since staying home was rather boring.

I would have even hung out with Sasuke if I had nothing to do that day. But since he got chosen to become an ANBU, he went for it. I haven't seen him for a while now. Probably a few weeks ago I saw him talking to the Hokage before leaving soonafter. I assumed he had a mission so instead I wanted to hang out with Naruto. Sad thing is that Naruto is the Hokage now. Tsunade-sama had retired a few years ago saying something about 'Hokage work makes me feel my age'. I actually do miss her tough training sessions in the mornings. She is actually a strick teacher, but you would be considered one of the greatest if she ever trained you.

That brings me to Sakura. She's lost her obsession to my friend Sasuke. I don't know why but she publicly announced that she would forget Sasuke, mostly since he's never here most of the time. But the other day I saw her walking with this guy, and they were linking arms! I felt a bit happy for her, unless I was misunderstanding something. Along the lines of people together I see Hinata helping out with Naruto's Hokage work a lot these days. Then after that he'd invite her to Ichiraku's for dinner. Everyone in the village knows their status is almost  to dating.

"Are we there yet?" Ena asked again. I was already tired but I can flip over a tree any day now if she wont stop asking that question! "We're not there yet Ena, its only going to be another day away." My other teammate Rito turned around so she would stop complaining. After that I thanked Rito in my head since it was now very peaceful and quiet. "There's our stop." I pointed ahead to the lights of the village ahead while checking around to make sure there were no traps whatsoever, or even an ambush. Ena jumped up and down in happiness before dashing ahead, leaving me and Rito to stare before running after her.

My feet were dragging by the time we walked into an inn that looked decent. The outside was made of wood, making this place seem more live a cabin to use when it snows. The interier didn't look shabby, instead it had that classical style to it. It was a three story building but the only rooms that were open were on the second story. As we took the key off the counter and trudged up the stairs I saw an ANBU walk be. Said person stopped and looked at me, but I couldn't stop walking since I was anticipating to get some actual sleep.

"Finally, sleeeeep!" As soon as Ena landed on the bed, she was passed out. "I'll take the couch, Mi-san can take the other bed." Rito spoke while pulling out a few blankets from the closet. "No. You can take the bed today since you always insist I get it on every trip." I gestured towards the bed while taking the blankets from him. "Are you sure?" I nodded to his reply and lay down comfortably. He bowed before crawling onto the other bed, and as soon as his head landed on the pillow, he was fast asleep.

I was about to close my eyes before a soft knock was heard on the door. It was soft enough no one one wake up from it, but loud enough so a person who was still awake would be able to hear. I looked to see them both sleeping soundly before grabbing a kunai from my pouch, heading to the door stealthily. I opened it slowly to see the ANBU from earlier standing there. I saw him holding nothing so I opened the door a little wider.

"Can I help you?" I asked while rubbing my eyes slightly, trying to stay awake long enough to hear this person out. "It's me." He took off his mask and behind it I could see that familiar smirk with those onyx eyes. It was Sasuke. "What are you doing here?" I stepped out of the room and closed the door softly behind me so I wouldn't bother the other two, even if they're passed out Rito has the sharpest ears. "I'm finished with my mission. So I'm staying here before heading home." So Uchiha finished his mission eh. Seeing him done makes me want to just get my mission over with and head home back to where I stay bored all day.