{~*~Chapter Four~*~}

MIDORI POV

I felt a burning pain in my right shoulder as I tried to move, but someone gently pushed me back down on what felt like something soft. Was I in heaven now? Floating on a soft cloud felt really nice, but then what's the pain I'm feeling. I reluctantly opened my eyes and stared at the light brown ceiling for a second before my eyes widened in recognition. This place looks so familiar but I just can't put my finger on it. I sighed before looking around the room only to find Sasuke next to me. Hmm....that's nice. Wait...Sasuke?

I quickly sat up before I yelled out from the burning sensation in my shoulder. Sasuke sighed before pulling me back into the bed. "You should learn from experience Midori. If it hurts to move don't do it again." So he lectures me while I'm in pain and all I can hear is blah blah blah. But he's being considerate looking that he's here next to me. "Where are we?" I stared at him while he just looked at me like I didn't hear a word he said.

"We're in Sunagakure." Oh! That's why the mud ceiling looked so familiar. "What happened? I was sure I was fighting the boss and then I whistled, but I forgot after that." I couldn't remember anything from our fight. I knew he was going to kill me but I guess he thought I wasn't worthy of his polished blade? "You were dying." I was shocked out of my wits just by hearing those words. I don't remember getting stabbed or anything, if I did then I would remember the pain of a sharp blade stabbing through my skin.

"Thanks for saving me Sasuke. I can't make an effort to bow now so I'll do it later." He only nodded and took my hand in his. I blushed slightly before looking down, but when I did I noticed my kunai pouch wasn't there. Sasuke noticed and handed the pouch to me. I thanked him before rummaging around before I accidentally cut my finger on one of the shuriken. I put my finger in my mouth to stop the bleeding while I used my other hand carefully before I finally found what I was looking for.

"Here it is." I held out the papers to him. "The boss's identity and his plans for future ninjas." Sasuke scanned the papers before his eyes widened slightly. He pointed at the map that was attached to the plans. "It's a pattern. He's aiming for the villages that don't have ninja's to defend them before heading towards the ones that do."

"I see he's getting the easy one's out of the way first." I sighed before leaning back into the soft bed. We heard a soft knock on my room door before the Kazekage walked in. "Gaara!" I forgot all my pain, even though it burns as hell, and jumped into his arms. "It's nice to see you too Midori. Now will you get back to your bed before one of the nurses have a fit?"

I obediently obeyed and lay on my bed again before tears started rushing out. "What's wrong Midori?" Sasuke leaned towards me while I was creating a river in the room. "It hurts too much." I heard them both sigh before glaring at each other. This is one part of our friendship I don't like the most. Gaara had a small crush on me while I was a genin and Sasuke just had to butt in every time to keep him far away from me as possible.

There were so many times they would compete against each other to see who get's to hang out with me on that particular day, which was everyday. I love them both dearly as my awesome irreplaceable friends, but they just go too far. "Stop it you two." I told them nicely first, but they didn't listen I tried to get off the bed. This time they stopped to tell me to get back and relax since I was injured. I sighed before flopping down on the bed for the fourth time in an hour.

"By the way, where's Ena-chan and Rito-kun?" I asked while sitting up again. "I had to send them back to Konoha to report Naruto on what happened. He should be sending someone to come get us." I nodded my head just before I heard another knock on the door. Gaara opened it just for a familiar kunoichi to squeeze me to death. "Midori, I missed you so much!" Temari sobbed into my shoulder. I patted her back comfortably.

"I'm sorry Temari. Naruto wouldn't let me leave the village in case I hunted down ducky over here." Sasuke only lifted an eyebrow while Temari nodded in understanding. "You two are always close. Midori would get lonely without her best friend there to hang out with." Temari and I was catching up while Gaara and Sasuke stared at each other before another knock sounded on the door and this time Shikamaru walked in.

"Shika-kun!" Temari jumped off my bed and jumped into his arms giving kisses and everything. "You two should get a room." Gaara commented before sighing and walking out the room, leaving me and Sasuke to be the audience. Well....this is going to take a while.