Ch. 1

Ch. 1

What happens when you check your twitter, and see Matthew Espinosa tweeted: 'Excited to be reunited with my sister'?

Matthew is your older brother. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Matthew Espinosa, the famous viner, you're
so lucky, well no thats not the case.

Well last year he left us. He moved to California without telling us or his family anything.

I ran downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen."Mom did you forget to tell me something?" I said pointing to the tweet.

"Oh yea. Your moving in with your brother in two days for the next year, your dad and I are going on a business trip." she said wiping her hands on a towel.

"What! You couldnt have told me sooner. And you know I dont like him." I said putting my phone on the counter.

"Well you better start packing. You leave tomorrow at noon." She said. "Oh and be nice to your brother."

I sighed and rolled my eyes and went back to my room.

"Ugh, why does life hate me so much!" I said to myself as I plopped down onto my bed.

I grabbed my suitcase from under my bed and started packing every single piece of clothing I got, since I will be living there for a year.

I also put my laptop, chargers, and all my electonics in there too.

When I was done it was about 7:30 so I went downstairs and saw my plate of food on the counter.

It was vegetarian steak with potatoes and corn.

I ate silently and just thought what of Matthew.

I should introduce myself before I tell the rest of the story. My name is Jordyn Rose Espinosa. My favorite color is white, Im vegetarian, Im 16 and Matthew is 17. We were best friends before he left us. I have the same dirty blonde hair as Matt, but instead of my eyes being hazel like his, I have green eyes.

Once I was done eating I went back to my room and went on my phone and I checked my facebook.

I had a message from Matthew. I checked it and it said:

Hey sis, I cant wait to see you tomorrow. Ill be at the airport to pick you up. Im sorry about leaving. i hope you can forget about it and enjoy the time we have together. Love you. :)

I replied: Hey and ok Ill text you where I will be once I exit the plane. And Im still mad at you...

He replied but I just ignored the message. I got under my blanket for the last time. I fell asleep slowly, afraid about tomorrow.

-The Next Morning-

I woke up feeling disappointed that this was the last day here for a whole year.

I checked my phone. 9:18am.

I had about 2 hours left until I had to go to the airport.

I grabbed an outfit out of my suitcase which consisted of a mint sundress which came to about mid thigh and my white combat boots. I kinda had a thing for combat boots...

I grabbed my outfit and went into my bathroom and turned the water and waited for it to turn the right temperature.I stripped down and got in the shower.

After I was done showering I left my hair natrual straight and I pinned up my bangs. Now that I realize it Matthew and I both put up our bangs, he spikes it and I usually just pin it.

I checked twitter and I tweeted: 'Ready to go to Cali to see my brother!' then I tagged a selfie of me.

I checked the time and it was 10;23. I decided to go to starbucks cuz I had nothin better to do.

I grabbed my suitcase and phone and headed to my car. I had a White 2006 Aztek. My mom gave it to me. I put my stuff in the back and I plugged my phone in.

I almost forgot. I ran back inside and went to say bye to my mom and dad.

"Im going to miss you guys." I said as I gave them both a hug.

We are going to miss you too." They said at the same time.

I smiled and went to give our dog Burnie a hug.

"Ill Miss you too Burnie." I said scratching his back.

Our cat Emily came up to me. "Aw dont think I forgot about Emily." I said giving her a hug.

I walked back to my car and started the engine. i drove out of the driveway and headed to starbucks.

I put on some music while I was driving. I was certainly listening to "The Weight" by Shawn Mendes.

I know what your thinking. Why do you like Shawn but not Matthew.

Well I support them and all that stuff but I just dont like how Matthew left us.

I finally arrived at Starbucks, I went in and ordered my usual vanilla bean frappe with three squirts of raspberry.

"Ok your order will be right up." Said the lady at the counter. She was too perky.

I sat down in a booth and waited until my order was called.

After what seemed like forever my order was called.

I walked up and payed for it. I took a sip and walked out of the doors. I got into my car again and drove to the airport.

After about 10 minutes I arrived.

I went through security and all that jazzy stuff.

I still had like 10 minutes until boarding so I went on my phone.

"Flight A27 now boarding." The speaker said. That was my flight. I boarded and got in my seat.

-After the Flight-

I texted Matthew what gate I was at. After about 10 minutes of waiting I finally saw him looking for me.

I waved my hand and he finally saw me. He ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

He has changed over a year. He got taller. A lot taller. I hugged him back slightly and we headed towards his car with my luggage.

I got in the passengers seat and looked out the window. He kept trying to make a conversation but I just kinda zoned out.

We came up to his apartment and by the looks on the outside, it looked huge. But there was like 5 cars parked outside.

"We're here." He said getting out of the car.

I opened the door and grabbed my suitcase. i walked behind him inside the apartment.

I walked in and saw 9 other guys sitting in the living room.

"Um, Matthew, who are they?" I whispered in this ear.

"Oh, Um, Jordyn, This is Nash, Hayes, Cameron, Carter, Jack Johnson, Jack Gilinsky, Shawn, Aaron, and Jacob. They are living with us"He said pointing to each one.

I pulled Matthew into the kitchen. "You never said you lived with 9 other guys." I whispered/yelled.

"Well there is another girl but she lives a couple houses down. Her name is Mahogany." He said putting his hand up in surrender.

I rolled my eyes and walked to my room.