chapter 3 part 2

It was Veronica’s voice that interrupted my crying.

“Get out of my house now! Get your ass to school and cry there. I had enough of them damn sobbing.” She said with no compassion. The anger and the viciousness in her voice sent a chill down my spine.

Weakly I got up and retrieved my bag from the table.

Veronica followed me out the kitchen to the door. The way she was staring at me was sending piercing draggers in my back. 

I turned around when I approached the door and saw the murderous look on Veronica’s face. She was really pissed with me and if I didn’t apologize to Azeri it was clear as day that she was going to throw me out and make my life a living hell.

I slum my shoulders and bowed my head low and turned around.

I opened the door and stepped out. Before I could close the door Veronica uttered viciously “Don’t forget, having a place call home is entirely dependent on you.”

With that said she banged the door shut in my face.

I stood on the step stunned. It was the honking of a Toyota jeep that brought me back.

I slowly made my way to the garage.

I took my bicycle and headed up the hill. I would have gone in the other direction, on Win-Smith road but it was too dangerous. Cars flew past on that road so fast and there were hardly any sidewalks. It wasn’t safe to ride there so I had no choice but to ride up that damn hill and turn into Charles Street.