Chapter 9 part 11

We danced from song to song. When the slow song came on we danced closely and when the upbeat songs came we danced facing each other. My feet were aching me but I didn’t want to stop dancing with him after all is this not what I wanted.

Some announcement came on about voting for king and queen and heading to the table for dinner but we couldn’t be bothered as we danced together and then we kissed. That kissed moved mountains. My head was swirling, my heart rate had increased and I was gasping for air. There were a lot of flashes and a lot of “awws” and clapping.  God. That was fantastic.

An unhappy Miss Meriwether came and my face fell. Will he be in trouble because of kissing me?

“You children should not be making out or be this close. You know the rules now break it up before you both get in trouble.” She said sternly.

A smiling reluctant Will let me go and I took a few steps back.

So the teachers didn’t know that it was Will behind the mask. Was he a chaperone as I thought or had he come for me? None of this made sense. Starting to think about it he did tell Liam that he would not see him today. So why was he at the ball? Was it to surprise me? It was wasn’t it? He just stood there smiling at me and I couldn’t help but smile at him. I wanted to see his smile proper but it was best that it hid behind his mask because if he took it off every one would know that he just kissed a student.

Reaching for my hand he kissed it and then hand in hand we walked to the dining room area where dinner was to be served.

We sat at a four seated table.

 When Tally and her unknown date sat at the table I excused myself  and went to the lady’s room with Tally following me.

“Can you believe what a wonderful night this is?” Tally asked me from inside the stall.

“I know.”

“Whoes the guy you with any ways?” asked Tally

I choked up. “Um, Um… Well I don’t know.”

“Well  I don’t know mine either but we did chat a lot while dancing and well he is like kind of conceited but he is someone to dance and talk with so I can kind of look pass that.”

“Yea. Mine too” I lied.