Chapter 2 part 1

The next morning I woke up to the loud horn in my ears. Veronica stood there with the horn in her hand. I knew what I had to do; make breakfast for them and myself and still get ready for school.  I thought sleep would have helped but my back still ached. I wasn’t in the mood to make anything extravagant. I settled for making oat meal. 

Fifteen minutes later, the table was filled with four bowls of oatmeal and chopped bananas on a plate. 

“Why is the jug or orange juice on the table and in front of me an empty glass?” Ask veronica.

I sighed loudly and poured Veronica’s juice into her glass and left with my bowl of oatmeal.

I was eating peacefully when Tara marched into my room.

“My toe needs painting.” 

She flung the box of nail polish on the bed and pulled out my bedside chair.

“The bus will be here in thirty minutes.”  I said

“And?” 

I couldn’t believe this heartless witch. At least she had a transport, if I missed the bus I would have to ride my bicycle to school thus causing me to be late. It was the beginning of second semester and I hadn’t even met my teacher yet. What if he hates lateness? 

Again, with my aching back I bent over to satisfy them.

It took me 15 minutes to do her toes. Every design I did was wrong and I found myself removing and reapplying nail polish often. Finally we were done.

Now I had 15 minutes to bathe and get dressed in order to catch the bus on time. How fabulous!

Unlike me, Tara had bathe and dress and all she had to do was to apply her everyday make up. 

I just hate this family.

I finished in exactly 16 minutes, however, unfortunately the bus was moving out and no matter how much I shouted it never stopped.

“F*ck it!”

Just then Tara and Cara passed by on the car.

“Please, please, please can I have a ride for school?”

“We do not have any space. Our bags are occupying the back sit at the moment.”

With that said Tara drove off.

I went back to the house and retrieved my bicycle.

I peddled my bike as fast as I could up the road. 

I was sweating profusely when a red truck stopped by.

“Hi, I think you go to Harmony. Correct?”

I knew the guy; he was a teacher at my school, harmony. I just didn’t know his name and I think the students at school have a crush on him.

“Yes sir.”

“You do recognize me. You know you will be late for school and you are sweating even before school starts.”

I smiled awkwardly.

“Put your bike at the back of my truck and I’ll give you a ride.”

“Thank you sir.” I said gratefully.

The ride to school was very pleasant. He made light jokes and I found myself smiling and laughing, really smiling and laughing. Something I have never done in a very long time; give a real smile and a genuine laugh.