Ch 20: Bitter Reunions.

Start from the beginning

"Ready as I can be." Jennie nods letting out a breath.

They grabbed champagne off of a passing waiter and looked around the crowd.

"See anyone you know yet?" Jisoo whispers.

"A few, but no one I really talked to." Jennie says.

The further they got into the crowd the more people started to look at them. Instead of random strangers Jennie could point out a few distant cousins and old aunties she used to be forced into talkinh to.

With the stares came the whispers as more more people started to recognize her. She wanted to roll her eyes. Did they really think she couldn't hear them talking about her?

"Jennie!"

Jennie turns around at the call of her name a but relieved to see Taehyung making his way over to her with a bright smile.

"You're here! I'm so glad you could make it!" He hugs her tightly catching Jennie by surprise. "And Jisoo, good to see you again."

"You too. Everything looks great." She compliments.

"Thanks," He gives her a smile. "Oh I want you guys to meet my fiancé." He says excitedly. "Joohyun!" He calls over.

The moment the dark haired brunette turns around Jennie feels her stomach drop.

"Irene?"

"Jennie?" Joohyun looks stunned. "What are you doing here?"

"You two know eachother?" Taehyung asks.

"No."

"Yes." They answer at the same time.

Jennie had answered Yes. She wasn't going to lie, Irene's 'no' had hurt more than she wanted it to.

"Oh well this is my sister, Jennie. I haven't seen her since we were teenagers." Taehyung explains. "And this is her girlfriend Jisoo."

"Hi nice to meet you," Jisoo gives her a polite smile. She wasn't quite sure what was going on with Jennie but the girl had checked out completely.

"You too." Joohyun offers. "So...you're Jennie's girlfriend? Like, dating?"

"I-I'm sorry Tae, I gotta go, I'll be back." Jennie excuses herself.

They watch her disappear into the crowd without another word.

"Uh I should go check on her. She felt a little queasy on the car ride over. We'll see you later?"

"Yeah okay. Let me know if she feels any better." Taehyung nods.

•••

As she was searching through the crowds for Jennie, Jisoo came to a sudden halt when she saw a familiar face.

No.

It can't be.

Kang Seulgi?

What would she be doing here?

Jisoo shook her head. There was no way her 'she who shall not be named' would be at the same wedding as her. Shaking it off she continued on her journey to find Jennie.

•••

After what felt like forever of searching Jisoo found Jennie in one of the cabins bathrooms splashing water onto her face.

"There you are, I've been looking everywhere for you." Jisoo says.

"Huh? Oh sorry." Jennie dries off her face.