Valentine's Misunderstandings // Jay x Nya (Movie)

Começar do início

With shaking hands, he handed her an envelope, her name was written onto it in in neat letters.

"For me?" Nya blushed, maybe this days wasn't as bad after all. "That's really swee-"

From the corner of her eyes, she suddenly spotted the four remaining Ninja watching them through the canteen's glass door, giving Jay the thumbs up.

Great. Nya thought. The oh so popular guys are are all in this together... and I almost fell for it and believed that he actually meant it...

She straightened up.

"Thanks." She replied coldly. "But you didn't have to."

"Oh-okay." Jay muttered. Hiding his burning face behind his scarf, he turned on his heels and fled the room.

She hadn't been very hungry before, but now Nya had certainly lost her appetite. She put her tray into the trolley and left the canteen, not even as much as looking at her teammates as she passed them.

Not much exciting happened for the rest of the school day, except for the Green Ninja receiving a musical Valentine's Card from Chen and his fellow cheerleaders, much to his embarrassment (and his friends' amusement).

"Has anyone recorded it?" Kai asked, still laughing, when they were meeting at the Destiny's Bounty for their daily training session. "Usually, Jay is the one for that, but I didn't see him around."

Nya had purposely avoided the Lightning Ninja (even more than the others), so she hadn't noticed.

He was not at the maths club either." Zane remarked.

Jay has called in sick." Lloyd informed his teammates as he met them on deck. "He told uncle Wu that he was not feeling too well."

"I'm wondering why that could be..." Cole stated, shooting a glare at the female Ninja.

"What are you looking at me for?" Nya questioned, still annoyed with her friends. "You were the ones to pull a prank on me?"

"What prank?" Kai wanted to know.

"Oh, c'mon." Nya placed her hands on her hips. "I could see you all hiding behind the door when Jay gave me that card. And you know that I... uhm, never mind. I just want to know, did you do it out of pity or to make fun of me?"

"What are you talking about, sis?" Kai raised an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice that I hadn't received a single Valentine's gift." Nya shouted, close to tears. "You are all so popular, bu-but I am not..."

"That doesn't make sense." Cole remarked. "You are at least as popular as us."

"This might be true, but Nya's admirers are mostly girls who want to be like her and guys that she could easily beat up, and neither are very likely to send Valentine's cards." Zane said.

"And, to be honest, I would have never expected you to be into that kind of stuff." Lloyd added. "You usually act as if these holidays are a waste of money."

"Just because I'm not a girly girl doesn't automatically mean I don't like to be appreciated - and I mean as a person."

"I'm so sorry, sis." Kai pulled her in a hug. "But we would never make fun of you for that. And especially not Jay..."

Nya pulled away and gave her brother a quizzical look. "What is that supposed to mean now?"

"Zane, how long have we known each other?" Cole asked the white Ninja.

"Three years, five months, eight days, seven hours, and sixteen minutes." The Nindroid answered.

"And how long has Jay been in love with my sis?" Kai continued.