Background

Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray will be playing the part of Kelsey James.

Hi I'm Kelsey James! I was born & raised in Boston, Massachusetts. I'm 25 years old and I graduated from Northeastern University. I graduated so late because just after graduating high school my mother had passed away. I was the only child and my father passed away when I was about 12 years old due to sickness. I was basically on my own after high school and I didn't know what to do with my life. I had a 2 year gap before I applied to Northeastern University & got it. I always had a dream of becoming a singer & a model, so I majored in Music & Song. I actually met my best friends Liliana & Monique in college because we became roommates. Liliana who was majoring in Medicine to become a doctor and Monique who was majoring in Business & Advertising to become an agent or manager. Monique & I were actually closer because we always dreamed of me becoming famous & Monique would be my agent/manager. During my college years I actually had a boyfriend, Julian Edelman, who I've been dating since I started my first year at Northeastern while he was already starting his 4th year. He was 2 years older than I was when I met him. He played as the quarterback and I watched every game. He even got drafted to the New England Patriots. After a year of him playing we started getting distant. I was getting busy with trying to graduate while he was playing for one of the biggest teams in the NFL as a wide receiver because the patriots already had a quarterback. He was getting too famous and eventually broke up with me..over text..I know that's the worst thing that could happen. I gave him 4 years of my life, but then he breaks up with me over text?! I was in such a bad state, but Liliana & Monique helped me get through my last year at the university. I started fresh & got a new number. I got rid of anything to do with Julian Edelman because I hated him so much for being such a douche. Now it's 3 years later, I moved to New York with Monique and we started a new life there. She actually got me a modeling job after we graduated. I loved modeling & made singing just a hobby for me.