Chapter Three

Excuse the mistakes!!

It's been a few days and Zyair was still getting comfortable. His cousin took him out to meet some people around the city and so far he was liking Detroit.

He's been applying for jobs online but to his luck nobody called him back. But he knew what it is, due to him not having any experience with anything besides standing on the block, selling weed.

He sat on the front porch, smoking a blunt enjoying the summer weather. The scenery was different to him. It was too quiet, so quiet he heard the birds chirping in the trees.

Something told him to look up and when he did he seen a familiar dog running over to him.

Being from the city, when a dog ran up on you that's not a good sign so he quickly hopped up out his chair. And just when he was about to head to the door, the dog stepped on the porch.

"Oh shit!!" he shouted standing still, keeping his eyes on the dog, who had its mouth open with its tongue hanging out. The dog slowly walked up to him and sniffed him before rubbing his body against his leg. "You got me nigga" Zyair chuckled.

"Oh no!!" He looked up seeing the girl he seen a few days ago running towards the house, holding the leash in her hand. "I'm sorry, he normally doesn't run out without his leash"

"Nah, it's okay" he smirked. "He coo'"

"Get over here right now!!" she scolded at the dog. The dog spun around Zyair legs before walking off the porch.

Zyair watched her hook the leash on the collar as the dog looked over at him, still panting before sitting down. "Wassup?" He greeted looking at her. "Thats your dog?" He asked leaning on the railing.

She nodded her head, "Yeah"

"What's his name?"

"Kimba" she answered.

"What's yours?"

"Ailani" she answered scanning him from head to toe, noticing his attire was different from the guys around town. He was wearing baggy light blue rip jeans, an all white fresh t shirt with timbs. His dreads was pulled back into a ponytail, showing off his handsome face. "What's your?" She asked.

"Zyair but you can call me Zy"

"Oh okay" Was all she said, avoiding eye contact.

"Yo no reason to be shy, I seen you shouting gang gang in the middle of da street da otha day" he chuckled throwing up the blood sign making her smile. "Lemme find out my little neighbor out here on dat gang shit"

Ailani couldn't help but laugh lightly, "No, it's just something me and my friends do"

"Ooh I see I see" he smirked. "You young ain't you?"

She nodded her head, "I'm fifteen"

"Coo coo"

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen"

"You don't look eighteen though"

Zyair mugged up his face, "I don't?" He chuckled.