"I was freaking out and I needed you," I exhaled into his chest. This whole day had been stressful and being in his arms reminded me that it was all worth it. His scent brought me the sense of calm that keep me from killing someone. "Everyone is stressing me out." He kissed the top of my head and chuckled.

"Just a couple more hours and we'll be married. Who would've thought? Us, married?" Xavier joked. I laughed and snuggled closer to him.

"I know, I really hated you at first, you know?" I teased and I felt him shake with laughter. "But that doesn't matter now. All that matters is right now."

"I'll see you soon. Okay, Adri? Try not to kill anyone while I'm gone," Xavier teased and I pouted. I didn't want him to leave, not yet, but it was time. I nodded and let go.

"Okay, baby. I love you," I said.

"I love you more," Xavier said and I leaned up to press a kiss to his lips.

"Okay, lovebirds! X has got to go, because we still need to fix your hair. Bye, Xavier! See you later," Lily chimed in.

"You're such a bitch, Lily." I mumbled as I walked back inside my room. Lily laughed and side-hugged me. Alora and my mom both came back inside my room.

"You good now?" Alora asked as my mom zipped up the back of her dress. The bridesmaid dresses were off the shoulder and an ivory color. I envied Alora with how she looked so elegant with so many tattoos. She was stunning.

"Yes, I'm peachy." I remarked. I took a deep breath and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was pin straight and cascaded down my back. I wore my mother's veil and on my face was hardly any makeup. I explicitly said I wanted very little makeup. I had a light tinting cream on my face and my eyelashes were curled with clear mascara. I had little highlight since it was bright as hell outside. I had red lipstick on which made my lips look even more fuller. My dress was perfect. It was elegant and everything I could've dreamed of. It was off the shoulder and had a trail. I felt like a princess. I looked behind me and saw my mom crying. "Mom, why are you crying?" I said in a soft tone.

"You're just so beautiful, mija. I have dreamed of this moment, where I would see my princess get married. I'm so happy for you, Adri." My mom sobbed.

"Thank you, Mom. Ah, don't make me cry. My eyes are gonna get puffy," I laughed and so did my mom. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

*

I stood next to my father as Mateo went up, stupidly holding a bouquet of roses. I told him he didn't have to, but he's annoying and insisted.

"You look beautiful," Lily whispered as she started walking. I smiled at her and grasped my father's arm tighter.

"Babe, you look hot as fuck. Xavier is a lucky man," Alora more crudely complemented. I chuckled and smiled at her.

"It's time, Princesa," my father whispered. "Are you ready?" I closed my eyes and exhaled a long breath. My heart pounded in my chest, but I wasn't nervous anymore. I was excited as fuck. I stood there for a few seconds, listening to the waves crashing and the seagulls doing their thing. It was the middle of spring in California; March 16th. It wasn't too hot nor too cold. The weather was warm and the perfect temperature. Our wedding was outside on the sand, which was perfect for me since that meant: no heels. The doors fully opened and I heard everyone stand up. I looked up at my father and said: