chapter 9

hope you enjoy reading it!

Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up sweaty and breathing heavily.

I woke up by a nightmare. A terrible nightmare that haunts me the day it happen.

I take a quick shower making my bones relax since they were tense. I dry my body and spread the vanishing cream Mr. Saxton gave me all over my bruises.

I change into dark jeans and a long sleeve. I put on a band shirt and my baggy hoodie. I put my sneakers on and go to the restroom to cover up my bruise on my face.

I brush my teeth and ran a comb on my hair. I grab my bag, phone and money and go downstairs.

I see my two sisters are waiting for me and I grab them some quick food so they can eat.

I grab the keys noticing my mother is still sleeping on the table. I don’t do anything to wake her up. I also noticed Bill isn’t anywhere.

I just pray he won’t show his face around here anymore.

I grab the keys form the counter and we head to the car.  I drove my sisters to school since I was late it would be easier.

And if Bill doesn’t come early from where he is and doesn’t notice the car is missing then I would be alright. I just pray my way will come this time.

I drop off Zoey and Michelle and drive myself to school.

I parked in a spot away from the rest of cars and head towards my locker. I grab my books for my classes and run to my class.

I arrive just when the bell rang. I saw Ms. Wilson but she just nod to my seat I send her a thank you smile and took my seat next to Shawn.

“Alright class I have chosen your partner for the project” Ms. Wilson said holding a piece of paper

Project? What project? We have to have a partner? What since when have she said about a project…did she mention it yesterday?

Great the day I’m absent she chooses to explain the project.

I sigh and just started to doodle on my notebook.

I just hope I don’t pair up with one of the cheerleaders especially Samantha or the stupid jock and not Ethan.

Like who will want to do a project with your ex? Tell me who? I think no one wants to.

I looked around the room to see some smart people in this class but they don’t talk to me. Not even the biggest nerds in this class talk to me.

Ms. Wilson started to pair up people. Some nerds got stuck with jocks. Like how the heck did these stupid jocks end up in an Honors English class?

“Samantha and Rosemary?” Ms. Wilson said looking confused

I turned to look at Samantha she gave me a deathly glare but she gave me a mischievous smirk.

I’m doom

“Wait no I its Samantha and Ethan” Ms. Wilson said

I realized a deep breath I didn’t even now I was holding.

“Rosemary your partner is Shawn” Ms. Wilson finished off

I looked over to see Shawn who looked happy? He had a small smile creeping on his cheek.

Odd

“Well then meet up with partner and decided when to meet you guys have about a the end of the school year to finish your assignment” she said