Chapter 5

A year has gone by since that one painful day.

Lucas had returned to Hong Kong after that day and hasn't been back ever since. He and Ten kept contact but Lucas hasn't spoken to Seola or Jungwoo since that day.

Lucas continued doing his modeling career in Hong Kong and became even more famous.

Everything seemed to go well for him however, his parents were disappointed at the fact that his engagement was a huge failure so his parents decided it was best for him to have an arranged marriage with a lovely and beautiful girl named Cheng Xiao, who happens to be a model as well.

Lucas hated the idea of his parents. After all the things that happened between him, Jungwoo and Seola back in Korea, this was the last thing he needed right now.

A year passed but he still wasn't able to forget Jungwoo. He was always on his mind and he wanted nothing more but to go back to Korea and go see Jungwoo again.

But he knew very well that this wasn't an option. After what he did to Seola and Jungwoo, Lucas knew that the younger boy would probably never wanted to see him again.

So the only option was to accept the arranged marriage proposal and forget Jungwoo, although his heart told him otherwise.

********************

''Darling, I'm so happy you agreed to this'' Lucas's mother said happily while fixing his tie for him.

Lucas sighed deeply before answering his mother.

''well it's not like I had a choice.. the two of you basically forced me into this''

His mother clearly wasn't pleased with the answer she received from her son and neither was his father, who was looking at him with a stern expression.

''we are expecting from you to marry a beautiful, successful career woman so that our family tree of succeeded family members will continue growing. And we are hoping for grandchildren very soon'' His father spoke with a harsh tone.

Lucas looked at him with disbelief. ''grandchildren? I haven't even met this girl and you're already talking about grandchildren?... what's wrong with this family...'' he muttered the last few words under his breath.

As they were waiting at the dining table in the fancy restaurant they were currently in, the time was finally here for Lucas to meet his future wife.

A girl with long dark hair and a fair skin tone came up to their table, together with both her parents beside her.

Lucas's parents and her parents introduced themselves to each other while Lucas and the girl both stood there awkwardly

She turned to him smiled. ''It's nice meeting you Wong Yukhei. My name is Cheng Xiao''