One night, I was standing in the kitchen drinking water and looking out the window when I saw a girl sneak out. She had stayed by the door and kissed Ben quickly but he had pulled her closer and continued kissing her. When she later left, I looked at Ben and he took his hand through his hair, just like his father always had when we were younger. He was so much like his father, it was uncanny.

Niall had called me a few days back and apologized for not being able to come to the graduation. I told him to apologize to Ben, not me. And 3 hours later, an angry Ben came and sat down for dinner.

But today was the day. My baby was graduating. He was 19 years old, and was graduating from university, and I couldn't believe that it was so long ago he was just running around in a diaper, asking for his pacifier.

The whole day started with me picking out a dress to wear. I decided on a light pink one, and a jeans jacket, and a pair of white heels. I curled my hair and put my makeup on. Then I went out to the guesthouse and knocked on the door. Ben yelled from inside to come in, and I opened the door and saw the mess my son was living in. There was clothes everywhere and I sighed,

"Ben I thought I asked you to clean up this place."
"You did, but I haven't found the time to." he said as he walked into the room whilst buttoning his white shirt.

"It's ok to wear a suit under the robe, right?"
"Of course it is."I said and helped him with the last buttons.

"Look baby, I'm really sorry your dad can't be here... you know how it is with the band and touring and all of that."

Ben nodded, and reached for his suit jacket, I helped him put it on and then I grabbed his hands,

"Bu tyou should know that we are both very proud of you. Studying for so many years, and graduating... now, if you could just learn how to clean up after yourself too, you'd be perfect."

I laughed and Ben did too, then he grabbed me and hugged me tightly.

"Thanks mum, for all of this. I'm proud of you as well."
I hugged my son tighter, and I didn't want to let go but then his phone rang and I was forced to let go of him.

He answered and it was his friends, waiting for him in the car outside.They were all going together. I let him go, then I took my car and drove to the school.

Graduation was being held outside. It was just like one of those films where they have white chairs, a stage with a red curtain and a podium from where the dean spoke.

All the parent's took their places on the chairs, and graduation started.

The children were sitting on the stage, and I could see how nervous Ben looked. He kept looking down on his hands, and I just wanted to take them and tell him that he was doing fine. Ben had unfortunately inherited my ability for anxiety attacks, and I didn't want him to have one right now.

The dean started making his speech, then he called up Ben's class and his classmates. There were about five or six people before Ben, but when it became his turn to walk the stage and get his diploma, a loud ear defening sound came from the parking lot. All of a sudden, a tour bus and about 15 motorcycles turned up. I recognized the men on the motorcycles as Gale's friends, and when the door to the tour bus opened, Niall and his band, with the rest of the crew, almost fell out.

Ben looked over at the parking lot with surprise, then at me with a questioning look and I shrugged my shoulders.

Soon, Niall was standing by the stage and said something I couldn't make out to the dean. Then the dean continued with giving the diplomas. When Ben got his, every single person from the bus and motorcycles were clapping and whistling, then Niall turned to them and put his finger over his mouth as to quiet them, then he turned to Ben again and nodded, that's when Ben took the string on top of his hat and moved it from one side to another, and the cheering started again. Ben looked down at his father with a proud look.