Chapter 29

Getting settled in America proved harder than I first imagined. John had managed to rent us a house near Toluca lake. It was a huge house with 4 bedrooms, and guesthouse. John lived in the guesthouse, and I stayed in the bigger house even though I only had use of the one bedroom.

The house had hardwood floors and open floor plan. The livingroom was huge with a brick fireplace, black hardwood floors,walk-in pantry and a window over looking the lush green gated front yard. There was also a spacious dining area with a second fireplace,and the dining area leads to the covered patio which was very suitable for nights of entertaining, by the pool. It was a very fancy house, in other words. I wondered how John had gotten hold of it and apparently he knew the owner.

I was not complaining.

In the beginning, I couldn't made sense of the american money, but that got easier after some time. Besides, I had some previous experience from my time spent over here on the book tour.

A few weeks into my moving, Tin and Louis came to visit. They had their little baby with them, and she was absolutely wonderful. All three of them looked well, and they spent a few days in the house with me.

Work was taking up a lot of my time too, which was good because working was why I had moved all the way over to America in the first place. I helped casting directors find the right people for the show, and I had a lot of say in what happened because I had refused to sign over all the right and have them make a show I wasn't proud of.

I didn't want it to be another Shadowhunters thing.

Eventually, with all the working and all the running around to different meetings, time had moved so fast that summer vacation was coming up. Niall and Ben was coming over here then and I had been back home in england for Ben and Theresa's birthday.

So now Ben was 5. I stayed in England for a few days, but then I had to fly back to America to continue working.

I hadn't seen Niall or Ben since and I was really looking forward to summer vacation.

The summer came and I got a call from Niall, explaning that he wouldn't be able to fly over with Ben because he had to work.

Niall had stopped playing with his band, and was now managing a different band. I had heard their songs and I thought they'd become very successful, especially in Niall's hands.

I understood why he couldn't just up and leave England to come over to America, so we made plans to make different plans.

That never happened, and the next time I saw Niall and Ben was when I flew back home for New Years. I had tried to come for christmas, but all the flights were booked.

I arrived in Watford on the morning of December 31st , and I made my way straight to Niall's flat. I knocked on the door, and after a few seconds Niall opened it. He looked surprised, but happy to see me as he threw his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back, then I heard my son yell out for me, and pretty soon felt his arms around my legs. He had gotten so tall, I almost didn't have to sit down to get face to face to him anymore.

I spent new years eve with my family. Then flew back to America on the 2nd of January.

It was straight back to work.

The next time I saw Niall and Ben was on Ben's 6th birthday. Niall had asked if I wanted them to come over to me, but I wanted to visit my daughter too so I flew back to England. Spent a few days there, then flew back home.