Chapter 6

please leave a comment if you want me to keep posting! :) xx

"I liked it. I wanted to keep kissing him-"
"Did you? Keep kissing, I mean."
"No but-"
"So it's fine. We're fine."
"No Niall, we're not." I could see him getting nervous, he started blinking more than normal when he was nervous and he was blinking away at the moment.

"I kissed someone else. Someone I told you wasn't going to be a problem, my son's friend's father! And the worst thing isn't that I kissed him, it's that I wanted to keep kissing him, Niall. It wasn't safe,it wasn't the right thing to do, but I wanted him to keep doing it and I can't just pretend that I didn't feel something for him."
Niall just looked at me, then shook his head,

"When was it? How many times? How did it get to that point?"
"I guess it started when they were over for dinner..."
"They? You fooled around with Eli when his wife was here?"
"No, I mean..I was drunk and I accidentally touched him in the wrong place and then he kissed my hand and after that, it was like we couldn't be in the same room without feeling...things."
"So it's mutual, you both feel like this?"
"I guess. I haven't talked to him since... since Benjamin's preschool graduation day."
"What happened on his graduation day?" Niall asked and I didn't want to talk about it anymore, but I understood why he wanted to know.

"That's when I... well he kissed... we kissed."

Niall took a deep breath and shook his head,

"In front of the children?"
"No, God no. He wanted to speak with me outside because he felt that something was wrong I guess and it just..."
"Happened. It just happened. He was drawn to you and couldn't control himself. I know how it works, I know how you work, Stella. What I don't understand is that only a couple of weeks ago, you wanted to marry ME, and now you're telling me you have feelings for someone else?"

I couldn't explain it. It wasn't like I had planned on falling for my son's friends father, we had just spend so much time together and he had made me feel something I hadn't felt in a long time.

"I know, and I still want to marry you but I'm just not sure it's because we're in love or because we are..."
"Comfortable with each other." He said, apparently knowing exactly what I felt,

"Yes. And how can I marry you, knowing I have some sort of feelings for someone else? It isn't fair to you. We have to figure this out."
"There is literally nothing for me to figure out. I have been in love with you, and only you for years. I don't have feelings for anyone else, I don't even look at other women because none of them can hold a candle to Stella Molins. I want to be with you Stel, but if you don't want to be with me... well then I don't know what we're doing here, other than torturing each other."

"What do you mean?" I said, not really wanting to hear his answer,
"Well maybe we should just call it quits before we're taking it to far."
"We can't just break up like we're 19 again, we have a kid to consider now."

"Okay, so what do you suggest we do?"
"I don't know, Niall."

Niall stood up and walked over to the stairs,

"Well you think about it, and i'm going to take a shower. We're not leaving this house until we have a solution that works for all three of us, understood?" He looked at me for an answer and I nodded, we weren't leaving.

It took about 23 hours. 23 hours of screaming, throwing things, fighting, fucking, making up, fighting again, crying and then we were done. I was sitting in the middle of the stairs with my head in my hands, my eyes bloodshot from crying but I was calm. We had come to an understanding.