Best of Mystery/Thriller | Winners

Start from the beginning

"How will my journey end?"

*

Erase & Rewind

by GMTSchuilling

If you could go back in time and redo one thing in your life, what would it be?
Anaya, a disillusioned, thirty-five-year old doctor, has been looking after Gregory, a retired watchmaker and resident of an aged care facility. On her last visit, he gifts her his final creation, an exquisitely-crafted watch, knowing she will die tragically that very day. What he doesn't reveal is that it will turn back time.

With one condition: she must choose the time and place to reset the clock, and redo just one thing in her life. Regrets, it seems, are easy to realise when you're dying, or trying to stop it from happening.

But what if, after one small change, her life would become much worse than it was? Or if this one decision she'd made was meant to be, would changing her course lead her to be punished in other, unimaginable ways?

When the alternative is die now, her choice makes itself. And so, Anaya's story begins with her last thought. Would she have done this if she had any option but the grave?

Would you?

*

Eutopia

by melancholygss

As time passes and a world of dystopian realities surround her; Lee-Xang begins to notice that the world she once knew wasn't the same.

Everything is confirmed when a set of mysterious events begin to happen; one in which she meets a boy by the name of Taeyong who soon changes her existence neither for the better or the worse.

*

Got Guts?

by Ellen_Reese

Kidnap, torture, kill, repeat. That's how this serial killer rolls. Now, what will it take for one boy to escape his horrifying captivity? It takes guts!

Kevin and Josh, two college best friends, are trying to launch a chemistry startup. Their lives turn into a living hell when Kevin's bad luck drives him to the doorstep of a serial killer. While Josh is freaking out and trying to solve the mystery of his friend's sudden disappearance, the psycho killer is enjoying torturing his little victim in every possible way.

However, there is one thing that the killer doesn't know; he picked the wrong victim to mess with.

*

I Can't Save You

by mrs-sandman

I Can't Save You is a mystery thriller following the life of Thayer Wilson; a seventeen year old boy who has moved to a new town named Everett alongside his father Jonathan Wilson. But, the move that was meant to be an escape from the bad influences in his former hometown Marshfield, takes a drastic turn for the worse when Thayer Wilson finds himself in the forest, inches away from the corpse of Sarah Duncan. Her death is ruled as a suicide—but Thayer isn't so sure. And he begins to think that maybe he has something to do with it.