Chapter 4: Kara

For some reason, someone instagrammed me asking why I made fun of One Direction. Just to be clear, this is a One Direction fanfic. It is part of her mental thoughts, they can change. x

"Get Up Kara!" I heard Lacey say from the other side of my door, ripping me from my dream. I sighed and rolled out of bed, opening my curtains on my large window.

"Ow!" I said as blinding white light beamed into my bedroom, burning my eyes. There was snow falling from the clouds onto the fresh powder on the ground. Today was going to be an exceptional day for snowboarding.

I hurried and put on all my ski clothes, opening my top drawer to look at the only article of clothing in it. A light blue beanie that once belonged to Hayden. I sighed as I put it on my head, examining myself in the mirror. 

I got him off my mind quickly as I headed toward the door, picking up my snowboard to pack up in the back. There were two pairs of skiis and two snowboards already in the back. Lacey and Jovian were the only skiiers. 

We piled into the car, Jovian,  being the only one with a license, was driving. I sat shotgun this time, with Tessa, Lacey, and Eliza in the back. We came to a forked road with two signs to different ski resorts.

"Hey Kara? Remind me what the name of the resort is again?" She asked me as I checked my email.

"It's called Duvet Blanc Luxury Resort." I told her and she turned to the right. She looked at Eliza in the mirror and Eliza nodded excitedly. She grinned widely. Why?

We parked and got our stuff out of the back and headed to get our passes validated for the day. As soon as we finished that, we headed to the trail map.

"I want to do Midnight." I informed them.

Lacey looked at me. "But it's a Black Diamond."

"So?" Liza questioned. "Let's do it."

 Once we were able to convince everyone else to do it I realized that the ski lift would be going higher than I remember. Shat. I was majorly afraid of hieghts. I was going to die! As we waitied in line I felt more nervous and as soon as we in the front I realized only two could rie together, and I was going to have to sit by a stranger.

***Zayn***

"But Liam...I don't want to sit alone!" I whined to my mate as we waited in line for a ski run. I could not ride that high without Louis, Harry, Niall, or Liam. 

"Sorry mate. You'll have to!" He said as he boarded leaving me alone. The next lift started etting nearer and I got in front of it, next to a girl with brunette hair that fell down her shoulders nicely. Her goggles we on her blue beanie and she had gorgeous hazel eyes with dark eyelashes. She was very pretty. I knew she knew who I was, because I saw her two friends look back in complete shock at her next to me. She didn't seem too excited though. She rolled her eyes and didn't even look at me. 

Once we were on I looked at her. 

"Hi, I'm Zayn." I said.

"Kara." She replied flatly. 

"You're not going to scream?" I asked her, confused.

"No."

"Why?"

"I'm not a fan of your music." she said.

"Why not?" I asked, a little offended.

"It's too cheesy for me."

"Does that make me a bad guy?" I ask.

"I supose not..." She sighed.

"Good. does that mean we can start over? I'm Zayn." I said cheekily, holding out a glove for her to shake.

She smiled a little, shaking it just as the lift stopped. She squealed and nearly jumped into my lap. I chuckled. "You do know that it might do that a few times up the lift?" I asked her.

"Duh." She said, scooting back, her face bright red. I liked Kara. She was a little different than other girls.

By then though, we were at the top and I saw her friends waiting for her in shock. I was going up higher, so I had to continue riding.

"Bye Malik." She said before hopping off and going over to her friends. I watched as they asked her a few questions, while two other girls in their group rolled their eyes in annoyment. 

Yup. I was going to talk to her again, somehow.