Chapter two: Jovi

Ugh. Sick today, Here's chapter two. x Sorry about cast list, there was another Eliza Bennett so I had to add to it.:)

Lacey was asleep in the back of the car, so were Tessa and Kara. Eliza glanced at me.

"I feel terrible." she admitted.

"Why?"

She glanced back before speaking and pursed her lips. "You know."

"Eliza, it's not like we're going to totally ignore her right? It'll be a fun trip for all of us." I said, emphisizing the word "all".  

"I guess..." she said, unlocking her phone and scrolling through some feed. "WHAT! PULL OVER NOW." she nearly screamed, as I quickly pulled to the side of the road. 

"What is it?"

She handed me her phone to show a tweet from Niall, which said, 

'I finlly found someone who i cn share food wth:) Ali<3' My heart dropped into my stomach as I read his words. I felt a little sting in my nose but I took a shard breath and nodded.

"Cool." I lied. This was heartbreaking. Why is it that I always like either guys who have girlfriends/crushes, older than me, or famous? 

"You're not upset?" Eliza questioned me.

'Pshh, no, I'll just date my goldfish."

"You don't have a--"

"HEY LOOK A DINER!!" I screamed, driving into the parking lot as the rest of the girls woke up. Kara brushed some brunette hair out of her face as she sat upright, obviously angry I had woken her up. 

"Ughh. Fak you." She sighed, opening the car door.

"Kara are you ever going to get rid of that sweatshirt?" Tessa questioned, nodding toward the ratty gray sweatshirt which read "Salt Lake City" on it.

"No." She whispered underneath her breath.  

"Kara...you know you'll have to move on from Hayden sometime." Lacey whispered slowly. Hayden, her boyfriend, had died in a car accident a few years back. He had given her his sweatshirt before he left and she was always wearing it.

Kara didn't respond. She just pushed through the door to see a familar face leaning over the steel counter.

"Aw shat." I sighed as the head of blond hair turned around to see us.

"Oh.My.Gosh." she said with a stiled laugh. "Baylee, get out here!" 

"Hey Tiffany." Lacey said with  fake smile. A girl with back hair rushed from the back as she specifically eyed Eliza and I. 

"If it isn't our old friends!" She said cheerfully, staring at me like a lion.  '

'Uh yeah...we were just leaving..." I said turning toward the door, turning down food for the first time in my life.    

"Oh no!" Tiffany said. "Come and chat! I haven't seen you guys since high school!" 

"Trust us, we remember." Eliza said weakly, sitting down. 

Ugh. Why here. Why now. Tiffany Harmen and Baylee Pine? Working at the only restaraunt for miles? Just my luck. 

"Where you girls headed?" Tiffany asked slyly.

"Umm...a ski resort. And we really must go..." Lacey said, catching on to how uncomfortable we were.  

"Which one? Bell or that...other one...I can't remember the name. It's a French name right?" Tiffany said.

"Yes." Tess sighed. 

"Oh yeah, sorry, I only speak American." Tiffany giggled.  I rolled my eyes. Same dumb girl that transferred here in fifth grade or around there. 

"Yeah, well...we better go." Eliza said, standing up. We each turned, hurrying out. I glanced over my shoulder once more and I saw Baylee eyeing me quite hungrily.