Chapter 15, The New Year

Start from the beginning

"I love you so much." He said just loud enough for me to hear before he glanced to the door and back to me, the anxiousness evident his eyes. I turned to look at the door and a tall man had walked in, his hair was longer, and quite gorgeous if you ask me. He was dressed nicely, a button up, slacks, the dress shoes, and the tie, but there was a weird air about him that made me uncomfortable.

I looked back to Calum and cupped his cheek, trying to calm him down, assuming that man might be the one person he actually has to impress tonight. "Baby, it'll be okay, you're going to do amazing, like always. If you get worried, just look at me and focus on your music. Okay?" He nodded and gave me a quick kiss, his smile reappearing when he returned to his place on stage, sending me a wink before I made ny way to my seat.

After sharing a hug with my two seat neigbors at the table we all turned to watch the stage, the lights shining brightly onto Luke's pale skin, somehow making him look paler, or maybe it was the fact that he was nervous, I couldn't tell.

"Hi, thank you all for coming tonight. My name is Luke, this is Calum, Ashton, and Micheal," he said as he gestured to each member, his body finally relaxing again after finding his comfort onstage, "and we're 5 Seconds of Summer."

------

"I'm sorry I had to leave before I got to hear about anything the producer said to you guys."

"It's okay sweetheart, I can tell you all about it in a few, I'll be at your house after a run to Target and get us some snacks for later."

"Okay, that sounds perfect."

"Do you want anything specific?"

"Hmmm... Surprise me."

"Oh great, if I choose wrong you're going to shun me aren't you?"

"No of course not Cal, I need the juicy detail of what the guy said." Calum chuckled over the phone, and let out a sigh efore speaking, "Okay princess, I'll see you soon then, I love you bye."

I said my I love you and ended the call, making my way to the hall closet to gather all the soft blankets I could. When Calum gets snacks that usually means movies in a giant pile of blankets, a blanket nest, if you will.

I unfortunately had to leave their show early, I didn't drink much water at all, which was entirely my fault, and I got super dehydrated. I got dizzy and almost threw up on Jack on the way to his dirty old Jeep, which I have a secret love for. Calum was worried out of his mind and called me almost 20 times while I was asleep for the short amount of time that I was.

I woke up at odd times during the night, and the first time I did I made sure to send Calum a message telling him I was feeling better, reassuring him so he wouldn't freak out more and try to call my mother, who isn't even home at the moment.

After making sure I had a set up ready I heard a car door shut, I then heard the door opening and closing with the rustle of a keychain and plastic bags as I heard familiar footsteps up the stairs. After the bags hit the surface of my pillow tsunami Calum crashed into me, his arms wrapped tight around me, as I returned the embrace.

Calum and I sat among the many blankets, bags of chips, and cookies as he began to tell me about the conversation he had with 'Mr. Suit Man'.

"So his name was Sam Smith."

"Oooh like the singer I like?"

"No not exactly hun, you saw him."

I nodded as he shovled chips in his mouth, then continuing to speak. "Well he said we preformed well and he loved our connection to an audience we didn't even know."

"Oh well thats great! It all sounds like good news!" I said perking up, but seeing the look on Calum's face made me simmer down, he looked like someone just punched him in the stomach.

"Well, I don't know. He seemed off while telling us all of the things he liked, and he said that we were still so young and that he would have to speak with his superiors about us and see what they think."

I frowned, grabing Calum's hand and rubbing it reassuringly, "I'm sorry Cal."

"It's okay sugar, he gave us his card, with his personal number I guess. He wants us to tell him anytime we have a show, so I think he enjoyed us, but the job may be more complicated than we thought."

I nodded, and gave Calum the comfort he needed as we spent the day together, and as night approached us we moved to the living room and waited for the boys to join us along with their own significant others.

The table was covered with various snacks as the fridge was filled as well. The night all started when Micheal busted through the door, pizza boxes stacked in his hands, as Ashton and Luke followed. Sami, Libby and Emily all also followed behind them. I finally got to meet the other two girls at the guys performance last night, they're sweet and I can see Sami and I getting along with the two of them since were all basically the same person at heart.

Midnight approached us quickly, and the pizza dissapeared faster than anticipated, but what can we expect when Micheal always wants another slice? We quickly changed to the news, watching the ball drop from New York City, and sharing a kiss with our respective people.

I ended up falling asleep with my head in Calum's lap, but it was all his fault for playing with my hair. I faintly remember fading in and out of sleep, due to the loud rustling around the room, then I remember being lifted carefully and up the steps to my bed. Warm arms wrapped around me, accompanied by the duvet pulled over my body.

I may not have much, I may not be super rich or have everything in the world, but I had the world, and he was laying right next to me. This boy that had me wrapped in his arms, the boy that I've been bestfriends with since I can remember, the boy that wants to give me the world but doesn't understand that he is my entire world.

And I couldn't ask for anything, or anyone else better for me than Calum Hood.

-------

Hi.. It's been a while.

I've been busy lately, with work and major writers block. Now I have ideas bursting the dams of my brain, but I can only write so fast. So I have more to come soon... Oh and if you like my other stories, they shall not be neglected, I have to finish those chapers up now.

Well. That was it, thats what I have, okay love you, see you soon :) <3