Chapter 12, Isn't She Lovely

Calum's POV

Christmas was in two days, I had two more days to perfect this performance for y/n.

I tried to practice with the guys as much as I could while also still spending time with y/n, she was slowly getting better, she hasn't talked about Jack since we went to the mall, I felt like it was time for her to know everything. There was so much I had to say, so much I could tell her about how amazing she was, so much about how she deserved the best, and even though I may not be perfect I loved her and I couldn't waste so much time without her.

I finished my practice this morning with the boys and picked up some food for y/n and I to eat at her house. I parked my car neatly on the road outside her house and walked into her house, greeting her mother for what felt like the millionth time this week. You would think i would be annoyed by spending so much time with the same person for a week straight, but it was the opposite, I couldn't get enough of her. Spending time with y/n made my days better, she always knew how to make me smile and I loved it.

I climbed the stairs and flung the door to her room open, to find an empty room, weird. I walked over to the bed, dropping my bag full of snacks beside her door. I spotted a note sitting on top of her neatly made bed, labeled 'Calum'. I picked the note up, reading it.

"Calum,

I've gone out to get your Christmas present, just watch a movie until I get back. :)

P.s.

I have hidden the boy's presents so don't even try to look for them.

Love, Y/n."

I laughed at her note, I proceeded to plop down on her soft bed, flicking the television on to watch Netflix. I put on a random movie as I barely paid attention to it, stuck in my own thoughts instead.

All I could think about was how nervous I was about this performance. I tried convincing myself that it was like any other performance we have done, but it wasn't, it was completely different. Y/n would be there, hearing what I felt, what if she didn't feel the same?

Oh God.

What if she rejects me? What if I mess up our friendship?

Oh no. I can't do this. Nope.

I sent a text in the bands group chat:

Cal-pal : guys, I don't think I can preform this song

I waited patiently for a reply, a bubble with three dots popped up and the attack began.

Cliffconda : What the heck do you mean Cal? You can do this.

Hemmatron : Oh no, you are not backing out now, you can do this. What is the problem? She's gonna love it dude

Papa Smurf : ??? Why?

I sighed, messaging them back, my hands shaking as I became more nervous by the second.

Cal-pal : Because what if she doesn't like it? What if she doesn't like me back? I might mess everything up between us.

My eyes brimmed with tears, I didn't cry much, but the thought of losing my best friend because I can't control my feelings was scary, and ultimately emotional to me. One slipped down my face as my vision was blurry. I began to block out my other senses at this point, like the patter of soft feet coming up the stairs to the room, or my phone pinging with every text notification.

"Calum?" The door swung open, I looked over to see y/n, beautiful even through my puffy and teary eyes. "Hey, Oh did you watch the notebook? Not a good idea," she said with a weak laugh, setting her bags down. I sniffled and just looked at my lap, inevitably I couldn't stop the tears from falling.