Chapter 13, Falling Hard

Calum's POV

My mind disconnected from my body as my feet moved as fast as they could after her.

I tried to process the situation, but I could only think that I had done something wrong, that I made such a huge mess. Y/n probably didn't want me to go after her but an instinct came in and all I could do was chase her, I had to talk to her.

I ran for a while, trying to keep up with her fast moving legs, though she hated running, damn could that girl run fast.

My feet skid across the concrete as I finally found her on the ground, crying and mumbling things to her. I don't think she realized I was there. My heart hurt seeing her like this, I took slow steps forward, not taking time to catch my breath as I sat down on the sidewalk next to her.

Y/n picked her head up out of her hands and looked at me, her eyes puffy and red, tears streaks running down her face. She still looked beautiful, even when she thought she looked the worst. She stuffed her face back into her palms and let out choked sobs, "hey.." I whispered to her placing a hand on her back and slowly rubbing circles on her back.

Y/n slowly calmed down, her sobs calmed to a sniffle, after a few minutes she spoke, but kept her head in her hands, "I'm so sorry Calum.." she sounded so broken, her voice was shaky and cracked between words.

"Why are you sorry? There is no need to be.." My heart ached for her, and for myself. We both knew what was going to be said but we seemed to avoid it anyways. It was inevitable that we would talk about the fact that this would change our friendship. But y/n was the one that brought it up first, surprisingly.

"Calum, I'm going to screw this all up. I love you, damn it, and I can't lose you, if I mess this up then I don't know what I would do if you left." she began to shiver, I was unsure if it was the cold weather or the extremely emotional situation taking place at the moment. But that didn't seem to interest me as much as the three words that she spoke.

"Wait... You- you love me?" I questioned, my voice shaky as I couldn't believe what was happening.

She nodded slowly sniffling, "yeah... Cal, I've always loved you.." she trailed off looking down at the ground, "it just took me a while to realize that I did."

A smile grew on my face, I gently took her chin in between my thumb and pointer finger, lifting her head to look at me, "hey.. I love you too", a smile began to form on her face as I continued, "and I'm not leaving, ever. I'm always here for you, no matter what. Okay?"

She slowly nodded again, looking into my eyes, her eyes shined beautifully under the street lights, gloss from her tears that had stopped their flow. My gaze moved from her eyes to her lips, I inched my face closer, feeling like we were the only people that existed at the moment.

I finally closed the gap, pressing my lips to hers, my hands cupping the sides of her face, pulling her closer to me. Her arms snaked around my neck and her fingers danced through my thick and dark hair.

I pulled away, breathless as I pressed my forehead against hers as I looked down into her eyes, She shivered again, as I then realized that it was cold outside. I stood up, pulling y/n with me, "We should get going" She smiled and nodded "Yeah, propably."

I took off my coat and swung it around her shoulders, as she slipped her arms into the sleeves, "Thanks, Cal", I just smiled at her and took her hand in my own, lacing our fingers together. We began to walk home, hand in hand, as a comfortable silence took over.

"Hey Cal?" she questioned looking up at me, our shoulders brushing past each other as we walked along the side walk. "Yeah, y/n?". Y/n just let out a laugh, "I hope you know the way back home becuase I wasn't paying attention when I ran here."

I chuckled at her honesty, I was glad that I finally could openly love her without a worry in the world, "Yeah, babe, I do"

After a long walk full of random converations we found ourselves outside of Michael's house, we shuffled through the front door to be hit by warm air. The warmth sending shivers up and down my cold skin. I pulled y/n down the stairs to the basement to see the boys sitting along the couch talking.

They all turned their heads to look at y/n and I, the quickly stood to their feet, "sooo... what happened?" Michael hesitantly spoke. A bright smile grew on my face as I looked down at y/n, she was smiling and looking back up at me, she nodded at me with a squeeze of my hand to signal it was okay that I say the news.

I looked back at the boys as they had an eager look in their eyes, "well, I think it is safe to say that I am no longer in the friendzone" I let out a chuckle as the smiles grew on my best mates faces.

"That's great dude!" Michael shouted, Luke laughed with a groan "Fina-fucking-ly!" he shouted. This earned him a slap on the arm and a scolding from Ashton "Hey! Watch your language Luke!"

I pulled y/n along with me to sit on the couch, Luke sending Ashton a glare as he rubbed his arm harshly, "wow okay dad, calm down"

Ashton just gave him an eye roll as we sat along the couch all night, talking aimlessly like any friends would. And as the night droned on Y/n's eyes grew heavier, I decided that I should probably take her home to her own bed, "Nooo Callluumm, I want to stay and hang out here", she puffed her bottom lip out in a pout. I continued to drag her outside and into my car, "I know, but you're tired and you need sleep, okay?"

She didn't argue this time as I buckled her seat for her and went to my own side of the car, the car rumbled to life as I turned the key in the ignition. I let my All Time Low CD play softly in the background as I continued my ten minute drive back to Y/n's house.

I glanced over to see her asleep as I pulled up in front of her house neatly. I killed the engine and closed my car door quietly, I ran to y/n door and unbuckled her seat belt, I put one arm under her neck to keep her steady as my other arm hooked under her knees. I made a mental note to thank my mother for making me play soccer, if my muscles weren't built up I might've dropped y/n, and I did not want that.

I carried her carefully up the stairs and laid her on her bed, she began to stir as I pulled the blanket over her body, turning to leave as a groggy and strained voice called after me, "Calum.." she mumbled.

I pivoted and my attention landed on y/n her figure a shadowed outline under the moonlight peaking through her blinds. "Yes, love?" I cooed quietly, my eyes became heavy as I prepared myself for my own bed at home.

She tugged the duvet closer to her as she sank into the soft mattress, "please stay with me..?" she mumbled, I didn't oppose as I shuffled to the opposite side of the room, slipping off my shoes as I climbed in under the covers, to be met my arms wrapping around my body.

I pulled y/n closer to me, craving the warmth and the touch of the girl I loved, "I'll always stay with you y/n.." I whispered in her hair as I nuzzled closer to her. I received no reply as I assumed she had fallen asleep, her breathing short and shallow, I let my eyelids as I fell asleep, one though on my mind.

I was falling hard for this girl, and I couldn't stop it.

-------

Author's Note:

AHHH FINALLY !!!!

I hope you enjoyed this shorter chapter!

Oh, and fear not!! The story has not ended yet!!

Haha you suckers thought you were done with me, well you were incorrect lmao

I also have other news!!! I have also started a new book, It is a Michael AU fic, it is called "A New York State of Mind" sooo you can go check that out

Thanks for reading, see you next chapter, byeee