Chapter 10, Day Off

YOUR POV

Calum closed the door behind him I stared at the door, a longing in the back of my brain that he would walk back into my room in a few seconds. I'm not sure why I did it, maybe it was because I felt lonely, or maybe I did have feelings for Calum?

I sigh at my thoughts, that's crazy Calum is my best friend there is no way that we would end up together, it would be kind of weird. Right?

I didn't sleep the whole night thinking of my actions and what may have caused them, I wasn't in the right state of mind at the moment and for right now I blamed my emotions, unsure which ones, but that's the only excuse I could come up with for myself.

When the sun began to rise I slipped out of my room and downstairs, I made myself some coffee, the smell overtaking my nose.

The boys were all asleep in the living room, Mikey was snoring, as usual, and Luke murmmering something, probably about the girl he was going to ask out soon, I think her name was Elizabeth. Ashton was drooling, but Calum looked like a sweet puppy, stretched out across the couch. I smiled at how cute they all were and stepped out into my back yard, trying not to be too loud to wake them up. I sat on the bench on the back porch, watching as the sky grew brighter with the sun rising up over the horizon, the air became warmer than it had been, Australia was always beautiful and it not getting cold much was my favorite part of that.

I savored this moment with myself for a few more seconds, but the door opened and closed behind the tall curly headed figure stood before me. I gave him a smile and he strode over to me sitting down. He kept his eyes of the sky, admiring the colors as they went from dark and coold to light and warm.

"I'm surprised you're up this early, everything okay Ash?" He smiled and nodded, "yeah, the smell of the coffee woke me up and I heard you walk out and figure I would join you," he continued on, "but anyways enough about me, how are you?" He was now looking at me his eyes peircing my own, straight through to my soul.

"Not too great.. but I'll be okay at some point." I sigh and look down at my creamy coffee, steam rises up, just enough that I can feel the warmth on my face as I continue, "Ash I don't know if Calum said anything.. but I want to talk to you about what happened yesterday with him.." I look up to see Ashton, confused but concered, "Calum didn't say much when he came back from your room so I'm clueless, but go ahead, I'm all ears." He smiles, his dimples carving deep into his cheeks like pools of pure happiness.

I explain to Ashton what happend and he listens intently, but I can tell he is eager to comment judging buy his facial expressions. "Wow.. that's a lot, so you kissed him? And you don't know entirely why?" He began to question after sitting so quietly the whole story, I just nodded my head, "y/n I'm not sure what to say, I mean maybe you should talk to him about it today."

I sigh, as much as I was dreading it I agreed, Ashton then suggesting we go out and do something today, expecting that Jack would show his busted face around today. After disagreeing for awhile I finally cave in to Ashton's plans.

Once we go back inside the others are finally awake, all rubbing there eyes or running their hands through their hair. "Alright guys, today we're going to go to the amusement park, its a little ways away so get ready!" Their moods change from tired to full of energy and we all prepare ourselves for the day ahead of us.

I put on some high waisted jeans and a comfy white personalky made 5 Seconds of Summer sweater. We planned to make more but this was the very first one and they changed the design so many times so I have the only one like it. I slip on my shoes and run downstairs where everyone is dressed and ready to leave.