Chapter 15, The New Year

It was officially the day before new years eve. I was more excited then I expected to be, considering the fact that every year I sit with the boys and just eat a lot of chips and watch movies. We weren't too fond of parties anyways, only when we were really down for it, or the band wanted to play to gain more popularity to try and grow and build themselves up. This year was different, this year the boys managed to get a gig for today, and I was incredibly pumped to see them perform and have a chance to show their talent to a real producer that could give them a record deal.

Right this moment I was pacing my room, fully dressed in a 5 seconds of Summer aesthetic, black ripped jeans, representing them in a home made tie-dye shirt with their logo, and of course a black leather jacket to pull it together. I would glance at my phone screen every two seconds, incredibly nervous, yet excited to be leaving the house. I had not seen Calum since he spent the night at my house after Christmas, the guys have been constantly practicing since they found out, and I'm sure they are going through sound check right now. Calum sent out for someone to come pick me up from my house so I can sit at the venue while he continues to set up for the night.

After ten minutes of pacing around my room my phone dinged, alerting me that my ride had arrived. I ran down the steps and outside, making sure to lock my door before walking down the drive way to the car. Not long after driving into town we pulled up to the town hall, and I thanked the driver and made my way to the door. I was let in after explaining who I was. The venue wasn't large, but definitely not as small as the ones they usually play at, I think the reason they had a stage in town hall was for weddings, ceremonies, or something of the sort. I walked down the large hall and into the open area where before me was a slightly raised stage and a medium sized floor area that had an arrangement of tables closer to the back, as well as a bar.

"Alright, I know it's not on the set list but why don't we sing a little 'Don't Stop' acoustic for a little fun?" Calum said across the stage to the other boys, as they all agreed they began playing the song as I made my way down the walk way between the tables. As the song started the amps were much louder than I think they anticipated, but they played on. Close to the end of the song Michael yelled into his microphone, "Isn't this a bit loud for an acoustic set Calum?" This caused me to let out a loud laugh, which I think made them realize that I was there. Calum's eyes lit up as he played the ending of the song, looking directly at me, he quickly began to put up his bass on a stand when the song ended. I quickly walked up the steps on the side of the stage and ran up to Calum, his arms wide open as he shouted, "Baby!"

I think I could actually strangle someone with the squeeze I had on Calum, I've never hugged someone so hard before. I could've sat there forever though, wrapped up in his arms, but due to the childish kissy sounds coming from the other guys, we pulled apart. As my arm dropped down to my side Calum grabbed my hand, a smile plastered on his squishy face. I shook my head and sent a quick glare to Michael, seeing as he was the only one left doing it, and he quickly stopped the noises. My eyes met back with Calum's brown ones, which seemed to glimmer in the lighting set for the stage, a smile spreading across my face as Calum then brought his lips to my own, his hand cupping my cheek, rubbing circles on my warm skin.

After helping the boys set up the rest of their equipment we all decided to sit down and have some down time before the stress hits for tonight. We sat around the table, talking and eating on some pizza Ashton kindly went out and bought for us. I leaned my head against Calum's shoulder, and closed my eyes, basking in his voice as he spoke, and I payed close attention as his body moved as he breathed to try to be as close to him as I could.

It was now seven o'clock, and the venue began to open their doors to the public, I sat on the side of the stage as a few people walked in one after another. I eventually went and sat between Calum's mother, Joy, and Luke's older brother Jack, who could definitely pass off as Luke's twin if he wanted to. I walked infront of the stage, grabbing Calum's hand as he bent down, reaching out to me. I kissed his finger tips, and knuckles, then telling him a good luck quietly, a lopsided smile spread across his face as he squeezed my hand.