Linguini

2nd Person POV

"Are you going to be okay if I take Tessa on a walk?" As soon as the word "walk" came out of your mouth, Tessa is at your feet with the leash in her mouth.

Harry looks up from his laptop and smiles at you, his girlfriend, and his brother's dog he offered to watch while he's in America. "Yeah, I still have some work to do before tomorrow. I'll see you in thirty minutes, forty if Tessa takes the long way home?" A light laugh escapes from his mouth as Tessa yelps at you to hurry up. She doesn't like waiting.

"Bye, Harry," you chime, hooking the leash onto Tessa's collar and opening the front door to leave.

"Bye, Love," Harry waves his hand and smiles cheekily at you. Tessa barks again, making both you and Harry laugh at her excitement.

You try so hard to make Tessa go the short way, but she is not having it. The long way let's Tessa go see her dog friends at the dog park, then walk by her favorite fire hydrant. She pisses on it every time.

"Tessa, you want some water?" you ask the dog who is panting heavily. It looks like Tessa nods her head, but you could be seeing things. "Let's go back to my place, yeah?"

Halfway back to the flat, Tessa flattens herself on the sidewalk and lays there in the sun. You two could practically see the flat in the distance and Tessa gave up. After thinking for a couple seconds, you grab Tessa from under her stomach and carry her in your arms.

"You are such a big baby," you mutter under your breath. People all along the street were staring at you and Tessa. You look obvious annoyed with the dog, but Tessa was living her best life in your arms.

As soon as Tessa sees the front door, she jumps out of your arms and waits for you to open the door. You turn the knob on the door and let Tessa into the house, only to smell cheese coming from the kitchen.

"Har, what are you doing?" you yell, slipping off your shoes and putting Tessa's leash on the counter. There is no response from Harry, but you definitely know he is in the kitchen. No one else would be in here and cooking, they probably would have robbed the place by now.

"I—I," Harry stutters, "just making dinner. Didn't think you would be home yet, I told Tessa to stall you in the walk so I could surprise you." Tessa walks past you with her nose dripping yet and her tail in the air, she looks proud for what she did.

You peak your head into the kitchen to see Harry standing behind the table. There is cheese all over his fingers and a red sauce on his lips. "You have a little something on your lip there."

"I do?" Harry laughs and sticks his tongue out to try licking it off. You shake your head at him before walking over to Harry to help him out. You take your index finger and wipe the sauce off his lip, then stick it into your mouth to eat. "Thank you, Darling, now go turn on Ratatouille in the living room." He briefly kissing your lips and goes back to sprinkling cheese on the pizza crust.

"Will do, Linguini," you tease, leaving the room and Harry with a pink tinted face. He hates it when his friends call him that, but loves it when you say it.

Twenty minutes into the movie, Harry comes out of the kitchen with two plates of mini pizzas. He leaves one more time to grab drinks, getting you some wine and him a beer.

"I hope Tessa didn't give you too much trouble on your walk," Harry grins and takes a bite of his pizza.

You shake your head at him and take a bite of your own pizza. "Only towards the end. She laid down in the middle of the sidewalk and wouldn't move. I had to pick her up and carry her down the street."

Harry nods his head and laughs again. Tessa comes up next to you and Harry and smiles at you two. All of her teeth are peaking out and her nose is still a little wet from drinking water earlier. She is a messy drinker sometimes.

"Good girl," Harry says while rubbing the top of her head. Tessa continues to smile, but walks away to lay down in her dog bed. "Anyways, I was hoping after dinner you would help me make pie. I have a couple different fillings, but—"

"Apple pie?"

Harry smirks at you and nods his head. Apple pie is one of your all time favorite desserts, other than chocolate, and the fact that he is letting you help make pie is amazing. Your boyfriend never lets you help in the kitchen.

"Don't make me regret asking you the help me."

———

"I regret this so much."