A Hickey

1st Person POV

I have been best friends with Harry Holland for as long as I can remember. His Mum and my Mum were best friends in college, naturally making their children best friends as well. I'm not complaining.

For the last nine months, Harry and I have been keeping a secret from our families. We are dating.

People all of our lives told us we would end up together, and of course, we always denied it. At the time, I didn't know how to confess my feeling for him, and he didn't know how to confess his feeling for me. It worked out in the end. Plus, it helps that everyone thinks we are doing normal best friend things when in reality, we are snogging.

"Mum, Y/N and I are going to a park to meet up with Ruby, Jonah, Hayden, and Emily," Harry says, grabbing the car keys off the table near the front door. I'm following behind him like a lost puppy, and the only reason I'm doing that is to give off the best friend vibe. We aren't really going to meet friends at the park, but our excuse has to seem somewhat real.

Nikki only flips her magazine, not even looking up at me or Harry, but we can tell she is suspicious. "This late at night you two? It is pitch black outside." I see panic wash over Harry's face, but there is no need to panic.

"Going to the park with friends at night is the best time to go. There are no children on the swings, because we all know they like to hog them, and we don't get weird stares from adults for being adults at the park!" I explain to Nikki. She nods her head again, then flips another page to her magazine. It looks like she bought it.

Harry and I take the opportunity to rush out of the house. Once the door closes to the house, we are giggling like little children all the way down to the his car.

During the short three minute drive to the park, Harry and I held hands on top of the middle console. This is sweet. We don't get to have many sweet moments at either of our houses.

"You grab the blankets, I'll put down the back seats." Harry instructs as soon as he parks the car. We let go of each other's hand to swing open the doors and get right to work. I open up the car door right behind mine and grab a blue blanket off the floor. Harry, on the other hand, is making loud grunting noises as he pushes down the back seats to make room for us to lay down on.

I close the two car doors and make my way to the back of the car. Harry watches me throw the blue blanket down, smooth it out across the flattened seats, and lay down right on top of the blanket. My boyfriend doesn't waist a moment to climb inside the car and lay down next to me.

"You have always been my favorite Holland, I hope you know that," I whisper into the night sky in front of us. Harry doesn't respond with a snarky comment, but kisses my head instead. Usually, he gives me snarky comments when I say sweet things to him. Something must be wrong. Someone must be horny. "Alright, sit up."

"But I just got comfy laying down with you, why are we sitting?" Harry groans, sitting up anyways. His eyes widen when he sees my own body rolling over to sit right on top of him. Naturally, Harry's arms wrap around my waist and my hands rest along his cheeks. "Just kiss me already."

"My pleasure."

Our lips attach. The first few kisses are rough, but as the time goes by, they become gentle. We stop to breath, only to go right back to snogging in the back of car.

His tongue enters my mouth, swirling gently around and exiting so Harry could kiss me from another angle. My hands move from his cheeks to the back of head, where I can pull at his curly locks and feel his soft it is. Harry doesn't understand how magical his hair is, because it is truly magical.

Harry detaches from my lips again, giving me the chance to take my own time to kiss him. My kisses drift away from his lips and towards his neck. That is the spot that usually makes him moan the most. Trust me, his moans are like music to my ears.

I start kissing his neck a little, noticing that Harry is not paying attention to me at all anymore. His eyes are closed and he looks like he is enjoying himself just sitting there. I take my neck kisses a little further, sucking on the soft skin to leave my mark on his body. Most of the time, I leave hickeys on his chest or below his shirt line, so nobody sees his marks and get suspicious. This time is different. This time, I'm leaving the mark in the most open spot on his neck possible. I know I'll get in trouble for it later, but this will be funny as hell when his family interrogates him for having a hickey.

———

"Good morning, Miss Y/N, did you have a fun time at the park last night?" Nikki walks past me in the kitchen, heading straight to the tea kettle.

I take a bit out of my toast, carefully chewing it before talking to Nikki. It is time to play the acting game. "It was really fun! I spent most of the time on the swings with Jonah." Nikki gives me a warm smile, then begins to make her morning cuppa.

Sam comes into the kitchen next, walking right past me to towards the toaster. Not even a second later, Harry lazily walks into the wall near fridge in the kitchen. He literally came out of nowhere.

"Dammit," he mumbles, rubbing the side of his head where he hit the wall. Harry attempts to walk into the kitchen, only to be stopped by his brother next. "Just let me make my bloody tea, Sam!"

"Is that a hickey on your neck?"

Harry freezes like a deer in headlights. His hand comes up to his neck, feeling around for the tender skin and finding it right under his chin.

"Y/N, did you give this to him? I mean, you were the only one with him last night." Sam snickers, taking a large bite of his toast right after talking.

"Bullshit, we went out with friends last night," I rather quickly. Sam doesn't notice, but he keeps giving me a skeptical look.

Nikki walks over to Sam and ruffles the back of his head with her empty hand. Her other hand has her cup of tea in it. "Quit teasing them. Y/N actually told me that she was in the swings with Jonah. So, Harry Holland, who gave you the hickey last night?"

I have never seen the colour from Harry's face drain so fast before. He is stuck looking between me, Nikki, and Sam for a couple seconds before running in the same direction he came from. Don't worry, he didn't hit the wall this time.

"Look at that, you scared the poor boy away!" I exclaim, keeping up the gig that it wasn't me. Sam and Nikki are totally buying it too. I eat my last piece of toast, put the plate into the sink, and walk over to the kettle to make Harry some tea. It is the least I could do after what I did to him.

The first thing I see when I enter Harry's room is him pouting. He is sitting crisscrossed in the middle of his head, his bottom lip is poked out, and both of his arms are crossed over his body. I shut the door behind me.

"How dare you."

I give him a cheeky smile, "I love you." Harry huffs and turns his head to face a wall away from me. "Here, I made you tea since you weren't able to downstairs."

"Did you add extra milk into it?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"Just making sure you aren't making a fool out of me again." Harry hops off the bed, snatching the cup out of my hand and carefully drinking it. "Thank you."

"No problem," I take the opportunity to wrap my arms around Harry's waist and laying my head on his chest. His empty arm wraps around my own body as he continues to drink his milky tea. "I'm sorry for giving you a hickey last night, I couldn't help it."

"I know, but you know what that means?" Harry looks down at me with a very mischievous smile on his face. "It is pay back time." Lots of kisses are being placed all over my face, and when he kisses my lips, it tastes just like his tea.

"Mum, look, they are kissing! I knew it!"