Lauren's lips quirk upwards for a split second before turning into a wide grin. Slowly she begins laughing and I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest.

"This is funny?" I scoff. "Look at how mad she is, Lauren. She's furious and all you do is laugh?"

"Seems like so are you," She points out, raising an eyebrow curiously. I shake my head and rub my face patiently, wanting nothing more than to prove her wrong despite how right she was. "Are you?"

"I'm not mad," I try to be convincing.

Lauren turns to look at the door and almost anticipates Lucy walking back in, but when she doesn't, she looks at me again and frowns. "I have to break up with her...and you know that. I don't want to hurt the both of you."

My eyes find hers momentarily and I swallow, afraid to admit that she was right. I hated that Lauren was already aware of my feelings for her and how deeply annoyed I was at her current relationship status. The last thing I wanted Lauren to think was that I was jealous of her relationship with Lucy, even if that was the case.

It's an unpleasant feeling to start developing feelings and attraction for someone who's already taken. It's an even worse feeling when the person who's making her happy is your own best friend...the person who has stuck by your side during your best and worst.

"And then what?" I ask. "We get together? We live happily ever after?"

Lauren looks slightly annoyed by my response and she sighs, shaking her head. She had nothing else to say.

"That's my best friend..." I whisper, feeling my chest tighten."I can't do that to her. Dating my best friend's ex? Someone she may potentially love? That is beyond low...Lauren that's ruthless. Especially if I'm the reason for your break-up."

Lauren scoffs, shaking her head. "So we just completely ignore the mutual connection between us? Pretend to stay friends forever?"

I rub my chin, looking down at my worn-out chucks as if they answer were doodled on like the rest of the designs. I shrug my shoulders, not knowing exactly what to say. "Well we can't exactly do that to our friend, now can we?"

"Does she have to know?"

"Lauren," I warn, shaking my head. There was no way in hell I could go behind my best friends back, even after Lauren broke up with her because it's the lack of respect that will reflect from me.

Lauren looks downs down at the ground and lets out a defeated sigh, offering a weak nod.

Disappointment is clear her on her face but I try to reassure her that it'll be fine. "We can work something out later, okay?"

I bite my lip and stare at the beautiful girl, watching the light and hope leave her bright green eyes. My hands itch to grab hers and reassure her that we can find a way, but I don't know if that can ever be possible.

Lauren clears her throat and mumbles that we should head back to class, scratching her temple awkwardly after how clear her disappointment has been made. She attempts to walk past me and towards the bathroom door but the itch and desire that tempts my hand is stronger than I am. I reach for her waist and my fingers loop around her black jeans, pulling her close to me in a matter of two seconds.

Laurens's small gasp makes my heart jump, but my stomach does flips when her emerald eyes search mine. I don't exactly know why my instinct was to pull her close to me but that's all I wanted at that very moment.

And now I can only stare, lost by her beauty in this proximity, that I wonder if anyone else can be so beautiful. I hate that I can admit that.

Lauren's hand trails from in between us, smoothly running her fingertips up my stomach and my neck until they're resting along my jaw. I feel chills run down my spine and legs. I surprisingly let out a shaky sigh when I feel her soft body press up against mine, along with a soft bulge at my pelvis. The action itself causes a shift in Lauren's eyes, now glued to my quivering lips.