Liquid Luck (Marvin x Jackie)

Jackie x Marvin: Marvin makes a potion similar to that of the liquid luck potion from the Harry Potter series. Jackie is the test subject, and the effects are not what Marvin expected.
-
"So, what exactly are you making me drink again?" Jackie asked from his position on the table top next to the boiling cauldron of Marvin's. His brows were drawn down, and his words were laced with just a hint of concern. "And why couldn't you get Anti to drink it? He's able too withstand stuff like this better than I can, if it ends up being poisonous or something."

Marvin sighs and stirs the cauldron, tossing in a curious, red looking herb. "It's called 'Liquid Luck'. Think of the kind from the Harry Potter movies." He says, thumbing through a spell book that's almost bigger than he is. "And besides, Anti doesn't trust me and my magical abilities."

Jackie grins at the incident that comes to mind at the mention of Anti's distrust in Marvin's abilities. "I still can't get over the fact that you made him bleed glitter for a week from that cut in his throat." He reminisces in the glitching demons agony of being covered in glitter every minute of every day for a week. The glitter would change color too. Anti would sometimes appear with traces of pink, blue, or green glitter on his skin or clothing.

"That was an accident!" Marvin says defensively, pointing an accusatory finger at Jackie. "I was just trying to make it so his wound wasn't bleeding all the time, he kept saying that it would ruin his clothes. Even though he wore black all the time, anyway's..." The magician trails off, giving the cauldron another stir and whispering more words into the large pot like a prayer.

Jackie guesses it might be Latin, recognizing some of the root words detected in the English language that was derived from it. He's always found it secretly attractive that the magician can speak a handful languages so flawlessly. Making sure to pay extra attention whenever he speaks French, or bouts of German with Henrik.

The hero admires Marvin while he's like this. Silver hair pulled back into a messy bun at the back of his head. Clad in an old t-shirt and sweatpants, but barefoot as he walks around the cool tiles of his magical quarters. The red cape he adorns sways, even with the slightest movement. The ever-present cat mask that covers half of the magicians face.

Jackie has only seen the man without his mask once. He had accidentally walked in on Henrik treating the scars Marvin hides under his mask one night. He remembers the way his heart broke for the magician when tears began to fall from the silver-haired man's eyes. Marvin covered his face and shouted for Jackie to...

-

"Get out! Get out, get out, GET OUT!" The magician whimpered through the hands covering his face.

Jackie looked at his companion solemnly. "Marv, I-"

"Jackie, you should go." Schneep had said quietly, giving Jackie a soft, apologetic look.

Jackie nodded, as if in a trance and exited the small clinic of Henrik's quarters. He waited in his room alone for awhile, just staring at the ceiling in thought. Henrik came in about an hour later, carrying two mugs of coffee.

"I know for a fact that Marvin won't tell you about his scars. He seems to believe that we would think badly of him if the others knew," the doctor says sitting down on the bed next to Jackie and placing a mug on his nightstand. "I also know that you wouldn't have the heart to ever ask how he got them."

Jackie shifts on his bed and moves into a sitting position, with his back resting against the head board. Henrik moves in closer and places himself next to Jackie, handing him a mug and grabbing his own from the nightstand.

"It... happened a long time ago, as I'm sure you could already assume," the doctor begins after taking a sip from his mug.

Jackie nods in understanding, a lot happened those few years ago, and they were all admittedly quite different back then than they were now.