Isa blinked at the man sitting in the driver's seat in shock, leaning away from him, "O-One of my employees," She squeaked, "He's my manager at the bookstore.He's married with a child, and I'd never even-"

"I swear to God, Isaline, if I find out that you're lying to me, I'll kill whoever it is. Understood?"

Isa nodded, staring at the man in fear,"I-I understand."

She lied, she didn't understand. This was a man she had just met, why was he so upset? Is she was with Ryan, or any other man, that was her business anyways and had nothing to do with Adrian. The two were strangers.

He let his foot ease off the brake, Isa's car coasting down the road again as he spoke quietly, "There is nothing I hate more than mendacity, Isaline."

"I'M NOT LYING!" She snapped, "God damn, if I had a man, don't you think that I wouldn't have been all over you like I was?"

"Actually I do. I know you would still be all over me, even if you were taken." He stated with a smirk.

Isa gasped, her nostrils flaring as the stranger got under her skin, "No. I'm a g-"

"A good girl, which rides over to good girlfriend in suppose?"

She nodded in complete agreement, "And a good person in general. I'm nice."

Adrian scoffed, "I'm not,"

"I know you're not, but maybe that's something you can learn and grow into. Someone as beautiful as you are shouldn't be so....cross."

She watched as Adrian rolled those steel eyes, forever carrying an antagonistic air in his attitude towards Isaline,"I am not cross,"

"Yes you are," Isa argued, "I've known you for less than a full day, and I have yet to see you even smile. You seem very unfriendly in my opinion." She shrugged.

Adrian mimicked Isa's action, his eyes focused on the road, "Good thing your opinion isn't a valid one then." Isa snapped her mouth shut at that, turning away from the angry man. She didn't know why that statement had hurt her feelings as much as they had.

Isa sat in the silence, now appreciating it, before remembering they were in her car.

"Stop the car."

Adrian barely glanced over at her, "What?"

"Stop the car!" Isa snapped, watching as the man slowly did as she said.

Once the car was at a complete halt, she climbed out, walking to the driver's side and opening the door. Adrian just looked up at her. "Get out." Isa murmured, standing in front of Adrian who merely sighed, glancing down at his phone before looking up at her, "Excuse me?"

"Get. Out."

She was surprised when he actually climbed out of the car with a sigh, watching Isa with an unamused glare as she climbed in, buckled up, and drove off, turning around, and heading to her job like she originally had been, leaving Adrian to slowly disappear in the rearview mirror.

Isa was ten minutes away from Sweetie's when her heart started to pound, her hands growing clammy with the guilt that she was feeling for just leaving that terrible man like she had. She tried to shake it off, and when she pulled into the parking lot, she didn't even make it all the way out of the car before she jumped back in, turning around and going back to him....

He was standing in the same spot, arms folded across his chest as he watched the nice, grey car come back into view. Isa screeched to a halt on the shoulder, jumping out and running to him, on the verge of tears from how bad she felt. "Adrian, I'm so sorry I left you, I just...You-You're so mean, you hurt my feelings and I left, but then it was killing me! I can't believe I just did that!"