CHAPTER 7 part 3 WHAT HAPPENED IN THE WOODS PART TWO

Start from the beginning

Leith frees the boys' hands. They run into the woods to retrieve their weapons. Unexpectedly, the Evil Lord Wakes up. Elizabeth laughs because she likes to see when her cousin gets angry.

EVIL LORD (CONT'D)

(screaming) "Come Back. They have escaped. Where are my men?"

The Dark Lord springs to his feet. He grabs his sword lying beside him. However, before his army could make their way back and retaliate. Leith's army comes from out of the woods running full speed toward the Dark Lord's direction.

Five against one, you would think this is an unfair number, but even so, the older boy's swordsmanship outweighs theirs magnificently.

What the dark lord hasn't figured out yet will shock him. This was the whole plan after all.

Leith didn't run out of the woods with the other boys. He used them as a distraction. When the Evil Lord stops paying attention to his cousin that is when Leith makes his move.

Racing out of the forest, he snatches her up.

LEITH

"Men. Retreat!"

He runs back into the forest. Leith soldiers stop fighting and they race behind him.

IN THE CITY OF LIGHT

Leith and his soldiers have made it back to the kingdom of light. Their kingdom poses near the cottages.

LEITH SOLDIERS

"Hip-hip-hooray. We have saved the princess."

The Evil Lord is pissed. Instead of giving Elizabeth sticks and dirt to play with, Leith gives his little princess a grass doll.

She sits in a tiny chair made of bamboo. Leith plots next to her. He lanches to his feet when the enemy races from out of the woods. The dark kingdom's army had gotten lost in the woods. They couldn't find their way to the right path. Leith's soldiers ran them in a circle while they were being chased allowing Leith to escape with the princess.

EVIL LORD (CONT'D)

"I don't believe you played fair. You are a cheater."

LEITH

"Can you explain the rules to me? Why did you give me all the younger boys, and you take all the older ones? Someone needs to get their priorities strait."

EVIL LORD

"If both Lords believe that either side cheated? We as lords should battle for our prize. In less you're a coward? Give me back my princess and surrender your kingdom."

LEITH

"There is one problem with your made up laws."

Leith isn't like the other younger boys. He has been training with his Father over the summer gaining superb swordsmanship.

LEITH (CONT'D)

"I'll never cower from you, even if you make up these silly accusations!"

Holding his sword down to the ground in a guarded position, Leith moves toward the Dark Lord.