"I hate Mrs. Duncan," Ashley exclaims, throwing her backpack against the floor and taking a seat in front of us.

"What happened," I laugh at her unusual fiery expression.

"She talks the whole time in math about nonsense and I don't even know what we're doing anymore an- and we have a stupid test on Friday!" She rambles before resting her head into her hands in defeat.

"I'm sure you'll be fine! You're smart," I reason.

"But I suck at math! Specifically pre-calculus," she huffs, "Who made up this nonsense?"

"Well see if you could get a tutor or something," I shrug.

"Like who? Nobody wants to tutor me because nobody I know is good at calculus!"

"Oh."

Lost in thought I try to come up with and idea. Suddenly I'm hit with realization, "Why don't you have Noah tutor you?"

Her eyes widen and she desperately pleads with him, "Oh will you! I could really use help." Her hand reaches to his arm as she begs him with her eyes.

All eyes are now on Noah as he shrinks under the pressure. "Oh uhm.. What's it over I'd have to see.."

"It's pre-calculus and it's the unit circle and stuff."

"Noah's really good at Calculus," I state proudly.

"So do you think you could help me?" She asks pleadingly.

Rubbing his neck softly the blue-eyed boy shifts in his seat before hesitantly responding, "Yeah."

Breathing a sigh of relief Ashley thanks him profusely, "Oh thank you, Noah! Thank you."

"Yeah, just um text me when you want to meet. I'm umm going to get something from the vending machine." And then he excuses himself from the table.

I stare at his retreating figure in confusion. A little confused by his behavior but shake it off- he's probably just a little awkward because of last weekend. Right?

"Is Noah dating someone?" Ashley finally speaks and quickly draws my attention to her.

"Why?"

"I could've sworn I saw a hickey on his neck."

I whip my head around towards his curly head. From a distance I can see discoloration of skin right under his jaw- where he's most sensitive.

A punchable smirk covers my face for a moment as I just barely notice the darker skin from a distance.

"He probably just scratched it," I mutter as I drop the smirk and lower my head from her gaze.

Present

Finding Noah is like a game. The moment my eyes fell upon soft curls he vanished into the crowd.

I found myself traveling room to room in search for ocean eyes in a sea of mourning guests. Wandering through the dark rooms adorned in white flowers for the light Noah carried with him- his presences.

Unfortunately I was losing this game Noah played unknowingly. Maybe it's because his typical glow is overshadowed by the cloud that hangs above his head, it made it harder for me to catch him in a crowd.

I did catch a glance of Mrs. Anderson, curled beside a staircase in the dimmest room. Her frame small and frail as she weeped.

Knees to her chest and her hands clutching her heart as she cried out to no one. Her graying hair seemingly falling from the pins she placed precisely- the Donna I knew would've never let this happen.

I suddenly felt sick and my mind wandered into darkness.

Against the white linoleum I caught the reflection of a figure looming above me. My eyes drifted across the floor until I caught the sight of black laced shoes.

Slowly my eyes moved upwards to catch a sight of the visitor. Eyes meeting blue. Blue eyes that were so similar to Noah's but a coldness Noah's warm eyes lacked.

He stood before me- Kurtis Anderson.

I closed my eyes- suppressing memories that surfaced.

None of this should be happening. It all felt wrong; this is not the reality I know.

My stomach churned at her pitiful state and that same bitterness coated my tongue. In a panic I stumbled backwards- not wanting to stay any longer.

Fast steps backwards and I was almost out of the room. I was far from the mournful woman but not far enough to reach the doorframe when my backside crashed into something... or should I say someone.

Cliff hanger...

Welp,

VOTE AND COMMENT! Xx