Heritage

You haven't been able to talk to Genji again. Not with all the training you've been through in the past week. Commander Reyes has been personally training you in hand to hand combat, explaining it would be difficult to duel Genji due to his enhancements and that McCree is still being trained for his shooting by Ana. Moira hasn't been mentioned much, but you were a bit afraid to ask.

Thanks to the rough training from Talon, you were able to keep up with your commander, even getting the better of him a few times. Every time you were the one to pin him in a less than desirable position it only made you feel stronger. You were never allowed to duel your commanding officers in Talon. Just shows how scared they are.

"Good going, kid." You hated that work. It made you feel degraded. "Now how about letting me up?"

You kept yourself on him, your pony tail finding its way over your shoulder. "Why don't you make me?" You never spoke back to your commanding officer in Talon, you didn't dare. "If you're so strong you should have no problem removing a girl off of you."

Reyes wasn't used to being talked back to like this. Sure McCree had a mouth on him but he always kept it shut during training. Though given your background, he let it pass, figuring you had a lot of resentment built up from your past trainers.

"Okay." His body moved upward, his hips meeting yours at the right angel to propel you up off of his lap. His leg then moves just enough from under you to help him push himself up.

But you weren't letting up, when you found your footing you had him against the wall quicker than he could blink, leaving him a bit stunned. "What's the matter, commander?" Your words were taunting, your grip on him tight. "You look like you've never had your ass handed to you before."

"I haven't in a long time." He pushed himself off the wall to shove you back onto the floor, your foot catching his to pull him down with you, but rather on the floor, he fell on top of you, your face being saved from being hit by his from his quick reaction to hold himself up. "You're quite the fighter." He grabbed your wrists, holding your hands above your head with one hand while the other held himself up still. "You'll make a great-"

"Spy? Tell me something I don't know." You turned your head away from him, only for it to be jerked back, his chocolate eyes looking down at you. 

"Field agent." He corrected you, the words unlike before. They were soft, quiet even. "You're one of my best and I'm going to treat you like it. Until said otherwise, you are second in command in Blackwatch. Just under me but above the boys."

You stared at him confused, "But Genji, sir, surely he's more fit to-"

"Genji joined with the intentions of helping us stop whatever is going on with The Shimada clan now." He finally removed himself from your face, rising to his feet before helping you to yours. "Genji has no intentions in staying here forever. Can't say I blame him. With everything he's gone though."

You looked to your feet with a sigh, wanting to talk to him, to apologize for assuming his position. "Permission to be excused, sir?"

"Granted." He rubbed his shoulder, "I should go get checked out, I think you dislocated my arm."

"My apologies. I have a bit of pent up anger towards my last commander. He didn't have the balls to face me himself."

"Talon's a bunch of cowards." He muttered on his way out, leaving you to find your way to Genji, wherever he may be.

As you turned the corner to the Blackwatch hall you were stopped by Angela. "Ah, Y/N! Just who I was looking for! The results of your blood work came back."

"Can it wait? I'm trying to find Ge-"

"I'm afraid it can't. It's important."

"Am I dying?"

"Er, no."

"Is my blood some rare type that can be used to heal the entire base?"

"No."

"Am I going to start sprouting arms."

"No but do not mention that around here, Moira may get some ideas."

You choose to ignore that, "Then it can't be that import-"

"It's about your heritage."

You were considering listening to her now, the want to learn more about your family was something that was high on your list of things to do. your father, when alive, never really spoke much about what made your family special.

"...I'm listening."

"Yes, well, your bloodline shows that your family was once a powerful influence on the people of Japan. The whole country, not just Hanamura. Your great grandfather lead a resistance that overthrew the Japanese government at the time when it was corrupted and was, until your parents deaths, having a hand in running the government."

"So, what makes that so much different from other influences?" You asked, "There's the Nakamura's, the biggest exporter of illegal alcohol in Japan. The Inoue's who deal drugs on the streets. Hell, even Genji's family has a big influence on Japan and the people there."

"Yes, but while all of them were being crime mobs, your family was directly connected to the government itself." She hands you a file for you to read. "Your family, all the way from your great grandfather to your father, had a say in politics and anything the government did. If your family said to pass a bill, it was passed."

"So, I'm a descendant to a government influence. Big deal."

"Yes, very big deal." She says, "This, along with your own rare power which I have yet to get far enough back to learn about, it makes you a huge target."

"And Talon knew that." You sigh, "Explains why they wanted me to sleep with Antonio."

"Your powers are genetic, and with the heir of the Japanese government as his, wife?"

"They'd probably kill me after I gave birth."

"Right, well, with your blood line they would be able to control the government." She flips through some more papers. "Has Commander Reyes cleared you for field duty?"

"Second in command, actually." Reyes walked in, holding his shoulder, "She's more than ready."

Angela sucked her teeth, "I require a few more blood samples to better understand your powers. Specifically from your wrist."

You shrug, "Whatever." You follow her to her lab, Reyes in toe so he can get his shoulder looked at. If that really was the reason Talon attacked you, and possibly your family, then you had more than a reason to put a bullet through Antonio's head the minute you see him again.