Neighbors on Valentines

"Hey, Y/N! How was work?" My neighbor, Gwilym, greets happily as I arrive home. I smile widely at him, giving him a wave and moving towards the fence which separates us.

"Hey! Yeah, it was good. Same old stuff really. Clients wanting clothes that will 'wow' the press and everything. How was your day of filming?" I ask as Gwilym stands very close in front of me, smiling his smile that no doubt melts many woman's heart.

"Like you said, same old stuff really. But it was also good." I've never really been one for small talk, but I know that with Gwilym, any talk is good talk, even if it is small talk.

"I'm glad. Are you still up for our run tomorrow morning?" I ask. Gwilym and I have this thing ever since he moved in and kept bumping into me on my morning runs, that we would run together once a week. It soon, of course turned into a race to see who could sprint the fastest down a certain street, or even to our fence which separates our houses. Those mornings are the only mornings I am excited to actually run. The other times I have to drag my self out. It's also a great chance to secretly check out his ass.

"Always." He replies.

"Good, because you are totally going to eat my dust." I smirk.

"Oh, am I?" He raises his eyebrows in a challenge and I nod my head. "I guess we'll see about that, won't we?" I smile and am about to leave when Gwilym speaks up again, stopping me from going anywhere. "Y/N, what are you doing tomorrow? After we go for our run?"

"Tomorrow? Probably what I normally do on my days off, eat, sleep and do basically nothing." I expect him to laugh a little but instead he looks at me in shock.

"Really? But it's Valentines Day tomorrow. You really haven't got anything planned with anyone?"

"It's Valentines Day tomorrow?" I ask in shock and confusion, basically answering his question. "Well, then, I'd probably just watch a whole bunch of sad movies and eat a tub of ice-cream like those lonely girls do in American films. Is it weird that I've always wanted to do that?" I ask, mainly to myself before looking back at Gwil who is still looking at me in shock before smiling and waving goodbye to him. I just want to get out of this conversation, suddenly feeling very lonely and wanting nothing but to spend all of tomorrow with him. "I'll see you tomorrow, Gwil."

*******************

I feel like I'm flying. The wind in my hair, my legs carrying me down the street as I race past Gwilym, smiling as I make it past the finish line that is our fence. I slow down, coming to a stop, resting my hands on my knees to try and take a deep breath before turning towards Gwilym who is only now just stopping.

"I told you you'd eat my dust." I puff and he laughs.

"Yeah, well maybe I just liked the view from back here." I laugh as a way to try and hide my blush, even though he is blushing with embarrassment from what he just said. I guess he didn't really mean to say that.

"Face it Gwil, you lost today because I am faster than yo-" I squeal as he picks me up by the waist and sets me on his shoulders, spinning me around causing me to squeal and laugh uncontrollably. When he stops spinning me, I manage to say; "Gwilym, put me down."

"Why? You weren't fast enough that time." He says, laughing. Gosh, I love his laugh.

"Please, Gwil, put me down."

"Only if you say it."

"It."

"No, you smart-ass. Say I am faster than you." He starts spinning me around quickly, making me laugh before stopping again.

"Never!"

"Fine. I'm never letting go of you then." He says simply. He really must be unaware of how his words are effecting me because, damn.

"Okay, but can you carry me inside? I need to feed my cat and she gets cranky when she's not fed." He laughs and sets me down in front of him, really close. Close enough so that I am able to see the multiple shades of blue in his mesmerizing eyes.

"Have your plans changed for today?" Instantly, my good mood fades. Right, Valentines Day, apparently the most romantic day of the year and I am alone yet again. But curiosity peaks through the bad, making me wonder why he has been continuously bringing this up.

"Nope."

"Well, how about you go inside and get changed." He says in a soft, soothing voice.

"What? Why?"

"Because I want you to go out with me so we can have the best Valentines day ever. That is, only if you want to, of course." Is this really happening? Is my neighbor, my super hot, kind, funny neighbor asking me out on a Valentines Day date?

"What should I wear?" I ask, making him smile impossibly wide at me as if he's just won the grand prize.

"Something casual."

Hi my readers! There will be a part 2. Sorry for the Valentines theme, but on the day of writing it is Valentines and I have nothing planned except writing this Imagine on this guy who I'll never meet. ❤❤❤ Thank you for reading and enjoy the future chapters!