"Name a price, Jungkook," the Chief responded, also crossing his arms and taking a step closer. The six men behind us also stepped forward, ready to defend their leader against any advances the Chief was thinking of. Jungkook raised his hand to them, and they relaxed slightly as the Chief came closer.

"I'll need at least a million for the trouble of having to be your pet," Jungkook started, taking a few steps closer to the Chief. My team stiffened and I immediately shook my head at them. "Then I'll need $250,000 for each piece of information we bring you. And finally, I'll need $750,000 for whatever it is you want me to do to this person. Still sound negotiable?"

I was gaping at Jungkook, who was basically nose to nose with the Chief. There was no way he would be able to afford all that--

"Deal,"

I jerked my head up to stare incredulously at the Chief, before quickly composing myself before Jungkook could catch me.

Jungkook smirked, taking a step back and chuckling. "Whoever this person is, you must want them dead pretty badly."

"We'll send you more information if we uncover any before you do," the Chief responded, reaching for the file that was still in Yariel's hands. He handed it to Jungkook, who handed it to me. "As for right now, this is all we have. I'm sure you have ways of getting information out of people that we don't have access to."

For a moment, a silent conversation went on between the two. I watched them silently, rocking back and forth on my heels until finally Jungkook smirked again.

"We'll be in touch,"

*******

"Why do I have to go with you?"

Jungkook heaved another sigh as he sat across from me at the dining room table. We were discussing who should go with him to gather more information.

And when he suggested me, no one disagreed.

"Because," he sighed, leveling his gaze with mine. "Some of us, including myself, still don't 100% trust you. Coming with me would show that you truly are a woman of your word."

I pursed my lips, knowing this was a bad idea. I had no idea who this person was, and if they'd had a run in with the FBI before, there was plenty of chances for me getting recognized.

But, denying going with Jungkook was also a risky situation. Considering they all still don't trust me, this was the only way.

"Fine," I sighed, putting my hands up in defeat. "I'll go with you."

Jungkook smirked suddenly, nodding his head as he flicked his wrist towards the door. The 6 other men in the room suddenly dispersed, leaving me alone with him.

"Since I'm feeling nice, I'll give you one last chance to confess to me the truth," he said lowly, leaning forward across the table. I met his eyes calmly as he searched inside mine for answers. "Why are you really here, Lina Kim?"

"I already told you, Jeon Jungkook, I'm here because I want to be," I responded, making sure my voice wasn't shaky. The longer he stared into my eyes, the more my hands began to sweat.

Tension rose between us, and it surrounded us like fire. He didn't like me, at all. I was already aware of that. But he didn't trust me, and I knew it was going to take a long time before he knew for sure I wasn't bullshitting him.

"Okay, fine," he said, leaning back in his chair. My eyes glanced at his tattooed neck as he tilted his head from one side to the other. "I'm sure you're aware nothing you say can change my mind."

He pushed himself out of his chair, running his tattooed fingers through his hair as he left the room silently. I sat there still, looking around the now abandoned room with a sigh.

Taking out my phone, I searched around for anyone who could've possibly known about Yariel's undercover mission.

I looked up at the file still on the table and reached out to open it. Most of the information that was in here was stuff I already knew. Just all the information regarding Yariel's case as well as claiming him as deceased. Listed at the bottom was names of all the detectives who had been aware of Yariel's false death.

Even though I knew about it my name wasn't listed for obvious reasons. One of the names that stuck out to me was Ryland Park. He had resigned shortly after Yariel had returned to the agency. The two of them had never been on good terms anyway, so chances were he was our prime target.

It was listed beside his name that he had resigned, so I'm sure the guys were aware that it would make the most sense to question him first. But that meant quite some trouble for me.

I closed the file and groaned loudly, slamming my head down on the table. I was screwed.