A Feline-y

Hoseok was typing away on his laptop in a cosy corner of the Room of Requirement, when suddenly, a blue haired boy stumbled round the corner and nearly upset his mug of coffee. Hoseok looked up in annoyance, a string of curses at the top of his tongue, but they dissolved into a smile when he saw who it was. Kim Taehyung, with his hands on his knees was panting after having run so far in search of his senior.

The two Hufflepuffs stared at each other for a couple of seconds, Hoseok taking off his earphones, while the younger caught his breath. When he spoke, Taehyung seemed pretty distressed, "Hyung! There is this voice that's following me around. Please tell me you can hear it too. I've been listening to it for the past two hours, and all it does is curse and speak in poetry."

Hoseok laughed, "That sounds too much like someone we know."

"Please hyung, it's not funny. I don't understand, and I'm scared."

Hoseok immediately lost his smile. No one had the right to scare this boy, whom he had all but adopted as his baby brother. He set down his laptop and pulled Taehyung into a warm hug, placing a kiss at the top of his head, "Shh, don't worry, baby, hyungie is here now. Your big brother will protect you."

Taehyung was a muggleborn, while Hoseok's family had been wizards for generations. There was no wonder that the two had bonded so well, the older taking it as his duty to protect the younger from the bizarreness of the wizarding world. Right now, as Taehyung thought of malicious ghosts and ghouls and all sorts of horrifying creatures, Hoseok wondered which student had the means of pulling such a prank.

"Tae? Tae! Where are you? Please, you've got to help me!"

Hoseok froze, feeling Taehyung go rigid in his arms. He had heard the voice too. The two Hufflepuffs sat still, waiting to see if it said anything more.

"Tae! Please help! You need to call Jin hyung to the Room of Requirement! Please, he's the only one who can help!"

Confusion spread through Hoseok's mind, and when Tae raised his head, he had the same confusion mirrored on his face. A mutual thought crossed their minds and they rose together, hand in hand, deciding to follow the voice.

At the far end of the Room, there was a pretty little basket, and the voice seemed to be coming from there. Hoseok pulled Taehyung behind him and snuck up to the basket. He gently lifted the lid.

"Holy mother of god!"

A beautiful, pure white cat, with intense, and ridiculously familiar eyes stared up at the two Hufflepuffs. It mewed at them, but they heard what it said crystal clear, "Hobi, TaeTae, please call Jin hyung."

***

About four hours later, Hoseok and Tae were still in shock, processing what had happened. They sat by the fireplace in the Room of Requirement, steaming mugs of hot chocolate warming their hands.

Seokjin emerged from the cluttered corridor that had separated the Hufflepuffs from what was happening on the other side of the Room. A very disheveled Yoongi clung to his back, head lolling to the side, eyes half open, as though not really registering his surroundings. Hoseok scrambled up from his armchair and helped Jin gently place the sixth year Slytherin into it. Yoongi simply lay there, unmoving, exhausted to silence. Taehyung draped a warm blanket over him, and the three of them watched their friend give in to the comfort of sleep.

Jin then turned to Tae and Hoseok and nearly collapsed out of exhaustion himself. The two Hufflepuffs quickly, and gently, guided him to the free armchair, and Tae handed him his mug of hot chocolate. Jin took a grateful gulp, and looked down at his juniors who had made themselves cosy on the floor, and were gazing up expectantly at him.

Jin sighed, "I'm glad you called me when you did. I don't know who did it, but Yoongi was cursed to remain in cat form. Well, not exactly. Someone was probably experimenting, and seeing this cat pass by, cast a spell on him. It's a very high level spell that makes animals obey every command unknowingly. After unwillingly rolling around in the mud for a while, Yoongi understood what was going on, and using every ounce of free will he had left, which was not much, he fled to the castle, where the Room of Requirement opened for him. Apparently, he couldn't turn back to human form until the person who had cast the spell cast its counter. That's when you heard him and called me."

Taehyung couldn't help but feel guilty at this. If only he had gone to Jin sooner. But then again, Yoongi hadn't asked for Seokjin until Tae was in the Room. He had been cursing, laying bare all sorts of murderous intentions, probably meant for the caster of the spell.

Hoseok turned to his Slytherin senior and watched him breathe softly in his sleep. He then turned to the Gryffindor before him, "Jin hyung, how did you undo it?"

"I cast a little combination of Charms and Transfiguration that helped turn him back, as well as undo the spell. The only problem with it was it required a lot of mental concentration from me, and an immense amount of will power from Yoongi. He's stronger than most people I know. They would have passed out before the transformation, but it only drained him off a lot of his energy. He'll sleep like the dead for now. He should be fine after a good night's rest."

Hoseok brought his fist down on the floor beside him, in anger, "Why would anyone harm a living being like that? If I ever find out who it was, I will wring his insolent little neck and-".

Tae stopped him mid-sentence laying a hand on his arm. He gestured to the seventh year Gryffindor. Jin was nodding off to sleep. Taehyung quickly caught the mug of hot chocolate before it fell to the floor, and Hoseok wrapped Seokjin in a warm blanket. As his head was being pushed back onto the armchair, Jin muttered, "Hey Hobi, do you think the guy who did this will be charged with feline-y?"

Yoongi muttered, "Shut up, hyung. That was bad enough to wake the dead."

The two Hufflepuffs were left in splits, laughing quietly as their seniors gave in to the world of dreams.

***

These seemingly unrelated anecdotes will come together in the bigger picture. Bear with me.