Candies in the Courtyard

"Seokie hyung! You're here too!"

Jimin ran up to Hoseok, with Taehyung following close behind. The two boys had brought a bag full of candies each, which they deposited on the stone table beside which Hoseok was sitting. Taehyung plopped down on the grass, while Jimin took a seat next to the older boy.

Hoseok beamed down at them, "Yoongi hyung called you too? What do you reckon he wanted us to see?"

Taehyung laughed softly, "Probably another one of his brilliant poems."

The three boys laughed and helped themselves to some chocolate frogs. Hoseok let out a slightly exaggerated sigh of exasperation, "Where is hyung? Being late is Jimin's job, not his. Where the f-"

Hoseok froze. Taehyung and Jimin had been looking at him, knowing that a string of curses was coming, but now concern lined their face as their senior stopped mid-sentence and looked around them, a frown on his face. Then his head snapped up and he gaped at a cat on the wall.

Across from where they were sitting, in an isolated part of their school courtyard, an overgrown, dilapidated wall stood- a relic from the ancient era of the foundation of the building. On the wall, there sat a pure white, fluffy cat. It was the prettiest cat they had ever seen, with a little pink nose, pink ears, and exceptionally sharp eyes. Jimin was just about to mew at it and entice it to come to them, when he noticed that both his friends were staring at the animal, transfixed.

A sliver of panic shot through his mind. Cats are associated with magic; could this one be a harbinger of the Dark Arts?

Jimin pulled out his wand, ready to cast a spell that would push the feline off the wall. But something stopped him. Taehyung pushed his wand down and pointed with his free hand. Jimin looked up and his eyes practically popped out of their sockets.

"Yoongi hyung!"

A pale boy with jet black hair, and the same eyes as the cat grinned down at his friends. He jumped off the wall and sauntered over to where they were sitting. Helping himself to a frog, he let out his quiet, hearty laugh.

"Boy, you should've seen you faces! Truly iconic!"

Hoseok was grinning from ear to ear, while Taehyung's eyes had crinkled into a huge smile. Jimin, on the other hand, had worry writ large across his face. He knew his senior better than the others, them being in the same House, and he was very sure that what Yoongi had done was quite illegal.

Yoongi glances up at Jimin and offered assurance, "Relax Jimin! I'm only doing what the teachers told us to do. Don't you remember, Tae?"

Taehyung hummed in agreement, "Yes, they told us to practice their kind of magic to familiarise ourselves with their ways, so that we may learn more! After all, this Exchange Programme is for educational purposes."

"I'm pretty sure this isn't what they meant," Jimin couldn't help but smile a little. He shook his head at his classmate and senior. These Mahoutokoro kids were really bizarre.

The four of them had a little candy picnic while Yoongi told them about how he had managed to become an animagus without having any of the teachers find out. He wondered what his professors at Mahoutokoro would say about this. Would they be pleased at his advanced magic? Maybe his robes would be a step closer to the ultimate gold.

Suddenly, Hoseok stood up, "Holy f***in' hell, I'm late for class. Professor Longbottom will skin me alive!"

"Well, he will skin you alive if he hears the way you speak outside of class," Yoongi muttered quite audibly.

The four boys headed of to their respective lessons, laughing heartily.

***

Seokie- nickname for Hoseok
Hyung- Korean for older brother (used by boys)
Mahoutokoro- Japanese Wizarding School
https://www.pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro

Regular updates every Sunday! 💜