The Meeting

Authors note: this ends in a cliffhanger but it has some basic banter and some Kanej fluff in it so yay.
_____________________________
Kaz POV
He sat down in his chair and told Jesper to close the door. And Inej immediately went to her perch on the window. He couldn't help but feel a bit smug, even though he knew Jesper and Inej were just friends, it was still gratifying to know that she was Kaz's and not anyone else's. As expected Jesper immediately started to talk.

"So you finally bucked up enough courage to ask her out?" Jesper asked him. Well that's not how this was supposed to go. And what did he mean by that? Kaz cocked his head and waited for him to explain.

"Kaz, I've known you for how long? And throughout that whole time, you're always more worried about Inej than any other member of the crew. Hell, you would have left me with Van Eck. But Inej gets taken and you're some crazy person on his way to save the day." Jesper told him and Kaz could hear Inej perk her head up from where it had been propped against the window. He didn't need to go through this again.

"I wouldn't have come and gotten you because first off he never would have snatched you like that. And second off he would have released you because you're so annoying. He would have begged me to take you back. And maybe even have given me the money to take you back!" Kaz said and he heard Wylan snort and Inej let out a tinkling but hushed laugh. He loved that sound.

"I'm not the one who exploded and threatened to kill Wy-" Jesper was cut off by Kaz pushing to his feet.

"That is enough!!" He yelled at Jesper. Did he regret blowing up on Wylan like that? Yes, but it did no good to let Inej know how he acted when he was under distress. But it was too late. Inej was on her feet and was walking towards them.

"You did what?" Inej asked him, looking stonily at him.

"He said some stuff, and I lost it. I didn't hurt him! How many times do I have to say sorry?" Kaz said looking between Inej and Wylan.

"Once would be nice." Jesper said taking a step forward towards Kaz.

"I have apologized to Wylan for that!" Kaz said at the same time that Wylan said," He has though."

Kaz sighed seeing that Jesper didn't believe either of them. So he turned to Wylan and started to apologize.

"Again, I'm sorry Wylan. You know how my head was at that moment. However I shouldn't have threatened to kill you, nor should I have pushed you against the wall and shoved my cane against your throat." Kaz said reaching out a hand to grab Wylan's shoulder and grinned crookedly. "I won't do it again."

Wylan started to laugh and he said,"Saints, I hope not."

Kaz smiled even wider. Inej suddenly poked him in the shoulder, obviously wanting him to turn around to face her. His smile dropped as he turned around and faced her with defiance shining in his eyes. She looked at him, and the way she was looking at him made him feel even shorter than her. And she was basically a garden gnome.

The cutest garden gnome. But a garden gnome nonetheless. And a angry one at that.

"You never told me this." She said, while crossing her arms across her chest.

"It didn't seem important at the time. You know considering I had just got you back. And that the whole city went on a riot against us. And you made me climb up a statue and stairs just to tell me that you were going in alone. So no, I didn't find it the most important factor at the time." Kaz shot back also folding his arms across his chest.

"You're the one who insisted on going with me!" She snapped

"I had just gotten you back. I didn't want you to go alone!" Kaz shouted. She just raised one of her eyebrows at him, which was basically her telling him not to shout at her. He unfolded his arms from across his chest and held them out.

"Sorry. Just because I didn't tell you, doesn't mean I meant to keep it from you." Kaz told her softening his voice and opening and closing his hands, wanting her to give him a hug. Inej huffed and went into his arms.

The only problem was that her arms were still crossed and she was using it to block the actual hug. So Kaz squeezed her tighter and whispered into her ear," c'mon you know you want to." She huffed again and dropped her arms from her chest. But she just kept them at her sides.

So Kaz did the only logical thing he could see to do, at the moment . He picked her up and started swinging her around. Inej locked her arms around his shoulders and started to laugh as he swung her around. Somewhere in the background he heard Wylan and Jesper whispering about them, but Kaz couldn't give two shits as long as Inej was no longer mad at him.

He stopped swinging her around, gently set her on the floor, and pulled her closer to him into a actual hug. She hugged him back this time. Inej was the first one to pull back and as she did, she gave him a swift kiss on the cheek and giggled. Kaz felt his heat face up and he tried to say something but all he managed to stutter out was "h-huh?"

Inej started to giggle again and he heard Jesper burst out in laughter. Kaz even heard Wylan let out a small snort and when Kaz turned around he saw Wylan covering his mouth with a hand. He glared at them, which was quickly ruined by how Kaz was too focused on the sound of Inej giggling. Jesper noticed.

"Inej you might want to stop laughing, or we'll never have this meeting. Kaz is too entranced." Jesper informed her, wincing at the sharp glare that Kaz was shooting at him.

They eventually got back to where they were all calm again. Kaz was sitting back in his chair. Inej was sitting on her window. Jesper and Wylan were sitting in the chairs across from Kaz and they were all waiting for him to speak.

"Nothing I tell you right now leaves this room." Kaz said and waited for everyone to confirm.

"Pekka Rollins is back in town, and he's trying to pick a fight." Kaz stated

Authors note: oooh, what's gonna happen?!? I don't even know 😂😂 but watch out the crows are coming back. Oh and if anyone is wondering why sometimes, it takes a while for me to upload is because I try to average each chapter at 1000 words or more. Anyway until next time. Peace ✌️

Now enjoy a scene that just came into my mind.

Kaz *whispering*: We have to be quiet! No loud noises .
*Kim possible music*
*Jesper swinging through the window* WHAT'S THE SITCH?!?!
Kaz: SHUT THE FUCK UP!