Screaming Match

Disclaimer: all rights go to Leigh Bardugo. I only own the plot.
Oh this part was so fun to write. Be warned this is a cliffhanger.  from hell. I did it because I'm evil. 😈
____________________________________
KAZ POV
    There he told her. It’s like a bandage. Just rip it the fuck off and hope for the best. The same could be said for hustling powerful businessmen.

Kaz had, sadly, learned that the hard way. Not Van Eck, because Kaz was usually always a step ahead of that particular deadbeat dad. But Pekka Rollins was one of them, although Kaz hadn’t heard a peep from the ex-barrel-boss for a while.

Maybe he should make plans to try to find him...hmmm...Wait, he was getting off topic. He told her about what had happened, and by the look on her face, she is now processing all that Kaz had told her.

Hopefully he had not just stuck his foot in his mouth. It was the truth but sometimes the truth is not what people wanna hear. So, keeping that in mind he raked his eyes over Inej’s face searching for a way to figure out what she was thinking. She suddenly looked at him and stared into his eyes. This was either gonna be very bad or very good.

INEJ POV
He looked like he didn't know what to do. Kaz was just sitting there waiting for her answer and she didn't know what to say to him. Was what he said a declaration of his affection? Probably not. Had he just been talking about his feelings and it had slipped out? Probably.

So what does she do? Take it on the off chance that he meant something else which is totally out of Character for Kaz, and tell him how she feels? Or does she tell him the story of what she did from when she left, which is probably what he's hoping for? She goes with the Latter.

“Um...when I left I kinda just...went. I didn't have a plan, I didn't catch any slavers, and I didn't know what to do. So I was just there until I decided to come back. And then I got here and you're lying of the bed face down and doing nothing. Which you never do! So I was shocked and I came in here and you know the rest...” she trailed off from her  rambling, when she saw Kaz's face fall ever so slightly.

“What did I say?” Inej asked him, immediately.

“Did you even miss me?! Or did you just feel guilty because of the way you left?” he spat at her. Oh he was angry. And maybe even a little hurt. Shit!

“Of course I missed you! How could you even think that I wouldn't?! I missed you everyday that I was gone!” Inej was mad now too. How could he ever even doubt that she cared about him. Of course she missed him. He was her creepy little genius.

“Well I missed you too!” Kaz shouted at her getting off the bed and standing up

“GOOD!” She screamed back standing up on the bed and walking to him, so she was standing right in front of him. Now they were eye to eye.

“GREAT!” he screamed right back at her

“FANTASTIC!” Inej screamed even louder

“FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!” Kaz countered trying to scream louder than her, yet not quite succeeding due to his raspy voice

YOU'RE GONNA HURT YOUR THROAT BY SCREAMING, SHUT UP!” She yelled at him starting to get worried but she was hyped. No way, was she backing down from this.

“I'LL SHUT UP, WHEN YOU DO!” He screamed right back. How dare he?!

“MAKE ME!” Inej shouted at him, hoping this would be the end of it, but knowing it wouldn't be.

“IS THAT A CHALLENGE?!?!” He shouted, his eyes gleaming when he got a idea. But he had said it. She couldn't back down now.

“YOU BET YOUR ASS IT IS!!” She screamed, wondering what he was gonna do.

“FINE!” Kaz shouted and leaning over to her, he kissed her straight on the mouth.

Author's note:
....wow, talk about drama. Sorry it took so long to get this out. My laptop stopped working so I can't type on it. And I had to write the whole chapter on my phone. Which sucks ass, if you can't tell. Well ta-ta for now. Peace ✌