Chapter 3

Tony

"Why won't you just sign the fucking paper?!" I yell at my dad.

"Because you are not responsible enough to go out there and I will not have you get kicked out of school for doing something stupid and irresponsible on that trip. A no is a no!" He says with a strict voice, "and I do not want to hear that kind of language in this house, young man!"

"Well I'll go anyways, you know that!" I yell at him as I throw my hands in the air, "You never let me do anything I want!"

Oof, judging by the way he straightens his back and lifts his chin up, he is really really mad now.

"Go to your room." He says in a very calm voice. That calm voice he only uses when he is really angry. The calm voice scares me more than him yelling at me.

"You can't stop me from going." I say angrily as I run up the stairs to my room.

Once there I give my nightstand a kick and crash facedown on my bed.

I think this was the 5th time I had a discussion with my dad this week, to put it mildly.

We just never agreed on anything and he really was a horrible dad.

He often made me skip meals, kept me from sleeping and sometimes he'd even beat me up.

I'd be safest for me not to go downstairs until tomorrow morning, when I'll sneak out the door before he awakes.

My mom sometimes tries to stop him from treating me like shit, but then he only starts treating her like shit as well, so that doesn't really solve anything.

I sigh and grab my laptop to call Bruce.

"Hey man, what's up, you okay?" He asks immediately as my face appears on his laptop screen.

I shrug. "Doesn't matter."

"Yeah it does? Is this about your dad signing the paper for the school trip?" He asks, frowning. Geez he can be so worried sometimes.

"Yup. He won't sign it so I'm just going to fake his signature. He is pretty pissed, though. Says I'm an irresponsible kid and stuff. I'm just so done with him, you know?" I say, my anger coming up a bit again.

Bruce nods. "Hey, Clint said his parents aren't home tonight. Let's go to his."

"Mkay. See ya in 10?" I ask

"Sure. But Tony," he said, just as I wanted to press the red end-call button, "just.. Don't let your father get you down, okay?"

I nod before ending the call and grabbing my leather jacket.

I silently open the door to my room and make my way to the back door, where my dad will hopefully not notice me slipping out.

I can hear him talking to my mom in the other room, they're arguing.

From what I pick up, it's the same as always. Maria is worried about me while Howard just seems to hate me.

I decide not to eavesdrop everything, seen the fact that it'll probably only make me more depressed.

So I slip out of the house and once I'm outside, I run to the next street, where Bruce is waiting for me in his car.

I get into the passenger's seat and close the door.

Bruce immediately starts the engine and starts driving towards Clint's house.

"Is Stephen coming too?" I ask, once we're on a decent road.

"I don't think so. He doesn't do bananashakes."

I chuckle, "There's no need to use the codenames in here, dumbass."

"Hey, you never know when someone's listening!" Bruce says outraged, "Somebody could be hiding in the back of my car, waiting for proof to hand us over to the police."

I laugh out loud now, relieved to be gone from that horrible house to catch a few nice moments with my friends.

I turn my head around to check the back of the car, "No one there. Feel free to call it-"

Bruce presses the horn just as I was saying the word and corrects me, "It is, bananashakes."

"Alright, alright." I say as he parks the car in front of Clint's house, "I'll call it bananashakes if you want me to so badly."

He gives me a smirk and we both open the doors and walk to Clint's house.

"Heyy! Come in come in. Oh you definitely need some distraction, Tones. I'll grab some." He says enthusiastically as he pulls me and Bruce inside.

We go upstairs to his room and sit down on the floor while Clint grabs the sigarettes.

He hands us all one and I immediately light it up and take a puff.

"Oof," I say, "I really needed this."

"Yess!" Clint exclaims, "Forget your problems by smoking weed, really smart Tony."

I laugh at him. It's exactly what I want to do, forget my problems.

After a few minutes we were all high as fuck. We do this pretty often.

"But it's bad for your health!" Oh I know. But sometimes I think my happiness is more important than my physical health.

And of course it could damage our brains and stuff, but we're like the smartest guys of the school, so no worries about that.

"Ayyeeee Tony you have to feel this carpet it feels like the buttcheek of a freshly washed gorilla." Clint laughs and I laugh with him.

"Oh my god it does!" Bruce exclaims, feeling the carpet.

"Omg guys we reeeeeally need to take some of this stuff to Paris." I say as I take another puff and blow a beautiful ring of smoke.

"Dudeee yes!" Bruce exclaims then he draws a pensive face, "But wait. How?"

"Yeah?" Clint says, frowning, "isn't this drugs?"

"Nneeeehhh!" I say, "This is weed, not drugs."

"Oooh!" Clint yells.

"Then we'll take some to Paris hehe!" Bruce laughs.

00f, I think with my high mind, I reeeeaally needed to do this more often.

~~~

Heyy, here's a new chapter! I hope you guys like it :)

See ya in my next chapter 😘