Chapter 31

When Louis and Harry returned back home, all the puzzle pieces finally began to fit in place.

Sorta.

Kinda.

in a way.

There was 1 week before prom and Louis felt like his life was finally driving down a broken road that had been blessed after 14 years of his corrupt life.

After much convincing, Louis had Harry's approval to ask Liam for help to get ready for the special day that was soon to come and although he was very hesitant at first, he realized if it made Louis feel more better about going, he would allow it.

And he did.

The minute Louis got home, he threw his backpack on his bedroom floor and dialed Liam to confess the news, which took him by surprise more than Louis would've had imagined.

~~(1 week before)~~

"What do you mean you're going to Prom with Harry? You can't do that."

"And why not?"

"Because.."

There was a pause on the line and Louis scoffed loud enough to send his message across to his friend.

"Louis, he is your step brother. Brother in everyone else's eyes. You can't be together."

"Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do? What would you say if I told you, im dating Harry? would you try and stop me?"

"You're what?!"

Liam shouted through the phone and at the same moment, a widened eye Harry entered Louis bedroom placing the reminder of Louis bags by the dresser and wondering why there was a screaming Liam through the speaker.

Louis blinked a couple of seconds, eyes locked with Harry's as he tried to repeat his previous statement, unsure if what he had done was allowed.

"I-Im dating Harry, Liam. He's my....boyfriend."

Louis stomach swirled as he watched Harry's eyes widened and wondered if he wasn't supposed to say that just yet. What if Harry didn't want to let everyone know he was dating him?

Would he be embarrassed of him?

Was he not good enough?

What if he regretted going out with Louis afterwards?

Louis negative thoughts began to catch up to him and Harry noticed the way his step brother doze off and began to frown.

"Louis, H-How are you dating Harry? You can't do that!"

Harry heard Liam through the cellular speaker and scoffed, walking towards Louis who sat with the phone to his ear and snatching it away.

Louis tensed for a milisecond not expecting any contact, yet was relieved when Harry gave him a long, noisy kiss which was intended on purpose for his own benefit.

"You hear that Liam? I just kissed my step brother. and if you have a problem with it, you can go fuck yourself. Now are you going to help my boyfriend find a suit or should I get Zayn to do it."

Liam made no further comments.

~~~~~

That weekend, Liam helped out Louis pick out a suit, not the original black and white every guy wore to prom with a small flower on their chest pocket.

Louis felt he didn't belong there in the first place so he settled for a different color suit, a cherry maroon, and Liam helped pick out some nice black boots and matching striped shirt that looked well together.