Chapter 12

"But why?!"

"Because you have no other choice and neither do I."

"But Mom"

"I'm serious Harry, You either let your brother invite his friends or you stay here at home to take care of him by yourself."

"Thats no fair, its my birthday!"

"My decision is final. Now its up to you what you plan on doing today."

I stayed still at the breakfast table as Harry glared at me purposely and upset, not even caring Anne was in the room.

Anne shot me a sympathetic look and told me to ignore him, which I did, since surprisingly, I wasn't the one who had brought this conversation up.

I continued eating my lucky charms in cereal in silence while I received death stares from the corner of my eye, feeling a little triumphal with how this had all turned out in my favor.

When me and my step brother had first came down for breakfast, Anne had announced that she had an very important meeting to attend to with her lawyer this evening, she had no choice but to leave me in Harry's care.

Which I always was in anyway, but this made it official I would be having to attend the party if Harry didn't want to stay home and babysit me.

My stepmom had made my second job easier by suggesting that I could invite my friends to the party as well, so I wouldn't feel left out and the result had turned out to be fantastic.

To: Nialler
From: Me

Mate, mum said I could invite friends to Harry's party :)

From: Nialler
To: Me

No way!! So I should get my tapping shoes ready ey?

To: Nialler
From: Me

Whatever you please you bloody freak ! Tell the rest of the lads !

From: Nialler
To: Me

I will do as I please with you.

From: Nialler
To: Me

and k.

I rolled my eyes and stop replying to Niall, going to my room and beginning to look for clothes I could wear.

So far, I had been stuck on wearing only my uniforms to school and my old clothes when I was around the house. Although Anne had updated my closet full of clothes my size, I had so far not wore one piece of item inside.

I had checked what was inside already but everything seemed to poshy, the clothes more appropriate to wear to a fancy ball instead of just here at home. 
There was rows of suits, ties, shoes, dressy pants, and dressy shirts, and all seemed to cost more than the orphanage I was raised in.

I understood that my step mom was just looking out for my best interest, but none of these seem to fit in with who I was. Anne looked gorgeous in her top brand dresses and skirts as well as Harry when he decided to wear his suits to family gatherings that took place every first weekend of the month.

I usually just wore a plain t shirt and some jeans, which did often get disgusted looks and made me uncomfortable.

But like Harry had said, I wouldn't be in this family too long so what was the point in trying to impress people I would one-day, never see again.

I herd a knock at my bedroom door as I backed away from the closet.

Yelling out a small 'come in', I watched carefully my step brother appear from the other side, looking around awkwardly before meeting my gaze.